Need help with RCS broken air suspension lock

hyusufi

Hello guys, I am new to this forum. I need your help locating a part for my new bike.
I have a rip current s. I tripped the bike the other day and broke the Red air suspension lock. See pic. I emailed wonderful juiced bike CS and they could not provide me the part number as she did not know. They suggested to replace the whole fork. They did tell me that its a Mozo brand. Do any of you guys know where to purchase a new lock? I don't think i need to replace the whole fork as it is functional. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• broken p2.jpg
    broken p2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 722
  • broken p1.jpg
    broken p1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 709
Welcome to the forum. I'm not surprised Juiced doesn't have part, that's not a common part to replace. Mozo being the manufacturer should be able to provide it. Does it work as it is now or is it non-functional? I've had them break in the past but I never use the lock, I like the forks functional all the time.

Thanks! When i turn the black piece it does click. The black piece looks ok except slightly chipped. I do admit that i am completely new to mountain/fat bikes and really don't get the whole air suspension locking. Otherwise i love this rig. Check out some of pics.

Attachments

• 20181229_202934.jpg
    20181229_202934.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 733
  • 20181229_203209.jpg
    20181229_203209.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,659
  • 20181229_203030.jpg
    20181229_203030.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 720
  • 20190103_113118.jpg
    20190103_113118.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 655
  • 20181229_202827.jpg
    20181229_202827.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 654
  • 20181228_145611.jpg
    20181228_145611.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 597
Thanks! When i turn the black piece it does click. The black piece looks ok except slightly chipped. I do admit that i am completely new to mountain/fat bikes and really don't get the whole air suspension locking. Otherwise i love this rig. Check out some of pics.
Nice bike, I see you are using the Velcro cinch straps.

Yeah, the bike came with broken rear fender. They sent me a replacement. Didn't really care about the fender and the rack. I decided to go with fat board. They are sturdy and holding up pretty well.

Welcome to the forum Hyusufi! I don't know if any of this helps, but here we go.

Your suspension fork cap appears slightly different from mine, probably a different model, but should be similar. When you remove the center screw and cap, the underside of the cap should have a hexagonal depression that fits over a hexagonal cam protruding from the top of the shock. I believe all of these caps are of a similar design. FK7282_x1024.jpg

Now, while I can not find an exact "Mozo" replacement, a third party cap may work just as well, such as for Fox, RockShox , Suntour, etc.
FK4309_f8d192dd-8796-4d24-80f5-d11cd0bd429d_x1024.jpg or FK9083_x1024.jpg You will need to compare what you have to those different models . Look for "suspension fork lockout lever" on some the bicycle parts sites such as JensonUSA, bikeparts,com, WorldwideCyclery as example or your LBS.

You mention that the fork appears to still be working. In lockout the fork should be very stiff, difficult to compress, when open you should be able to push the fork down and see it rebound like . . . well . . a shock or a spring. The lever is simply opening or closing a tiny valve in the shock allowing oil past a damper and piston in the shock. This is the compression lockout on that shock strut side of the fork. The other shock strut contains the schrader valve and air cylinder. When the shock compresses faster, a greater volume of fluid has to flow through the tiny valve so more pressure is required to force the fluid through. This increases the stiffness of the suspension because the pressure resists the motion of the shock.

Now, in my observation, most people either leave the fork open or in lockout, and hardy ever touch it, a kind of "set it and forget it". It really depends on your riding style. If you are a very active mountain biker, you would probably use it much more often than other people.

For myself, as long as it is still working, it is a cosmetic damage and I could live with it. The replacement cap may cost $20 to $25.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Yea, i think its more of a cosmetic thing than anything else. Most of my rides are on paved bike path with some gravel. I contacted juiced bikes again and they told me that they will try to find one for me. Tried to contact Mozo folks but they are based in china and not much of luck. It says MOZOUSA but the contact/address is in china. Last option i may take it to local bike shop to see if i can get one from different brand. Thanks again!

Back