Need help so I can straddle bike more comfortably

EdVille

I found a thread under the Haibike discussion section about somebody needing a new saddle for Haibike, but I thought I'd restart it here.
I too am looking for a new saddle for my Xduro Fullseven RX. The problem that I am seeing with the stock saddle is that it is too long for me (11 inches long x 6 inches wide). Being a short(er) person, I need more room in front of the seat when I have to straddle my bike (standing) during stops. Even just 1 inch shorter in length would be so much better. At the same time however, I want to preserve the aggressive look of the bike, meaning no more than 7 in. wide? Any suggestions?

I found a thread under the Haibike discussion section about somebody needing a new saddle for Haibike, but I thought I'd restart it here.
I too am looking for a new saddle for my Xduro Fullseven RX. The problem that I am seeing with the stock saddle is that it is too long for me (11 inches long x 6 inches wide). Being a short(er) person, I need more room in front of the seat when I have to straddle my bike (standing) during stops. Even just 1 inch shorter in length would be so much better. At the same time however, I want to preserve the aggressive look of the bike, meaning no more than 7 in. wide? Any suggestions?
I forgot to mention that I already adjusted the seat backwards...

I've seen some road bikes with these types of saddles. I don't know how comfortable they are, cost, or where to purchase.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I use Google and used this phrase,

alternative bike seats

I came up with a few. I copy and paste the model name and Google that. There is also a shopping tab to use. Typically I try Amazon and eBay first. Once I find something my local bike shop will order for me. His price is often a bit higher but when I need something he's there for me.

Does anyone have any comments on the Randee (JOF) by Cobb? It's supposed to be a short-nosed saddle.
It looks very well designed. The saddle measures 5.82 inch wide by 10.82 inch long. I like saddles with the relief cut, that's why I ride a Brooks B17 Imperial or Serfas RX. I like the design and would try it, if I had the need. Will 10.82 inches long give you the room you originally wanted?

I looked at it here:

It looks very well designed. The saddle measures 5.82 inch wide by 10.82 inch long. I like saddles with the relief cut, that's why I ride a Brooks B17 Imperial or Serfas RX. I like the design and would try it, if I had the need. Will 10.82 inches long give you the room you originally wanted?

I looked at it here:

I realize it's almost 11 inches long but I read that this model can be actually adjusted more towards the rear (recommended) and I was hoping that would give me more room in the front. Still undecided.... also worried about the deep curved rear.
Thanks for the input.

Gel seat and Suntour spring post. Incredibly comfy. Found the seat for $75 from Germany with crappy Euro. Felt kinda guilty but local shops didn't have them

Selle Royal Respiro Soft Relaxed Seat
Do a search I found it for $30 less than I paid and the post for $20 less.
suntour ncx sp12

Does anyone have any comments on the Randee (JOF) by Cobb? It's supposed to be a short-nosed saddle.
I had a couple of customer's with this saddle and they have been very happy with it. I don't have too much personal experience, but it seems very well made.

Regarding the height of the bike another thing you could consider is limiting the travel of the suspension. You could modify the suspension fork to have 100mm of travel as opposed to the 120mm it comes with. It's a slightly complex job and should probably be handled by a trusted bike mechanic, but this might get you the extra inch you need.

Keep in mind this modification to the suspension will impact the geometry of the bike a bit. Most likely it will make the steering a bit more responsive, which isn't always a good thing. Just be mindful of that.

Update on my quest for a short-nosed saddle: I finally decided on the ISM PR 3.0 BK. Gave me almost 2 inches of extra room so I can now straddle the bike more comfortably during stops. I do need to familiarize myself with the proper seating position as it looks a little unconventional and may require a few rides to get used to. Thankfully, those You Tube videos offer a lot of tips on how to use them (ISM Adamo's). I'll give my review after I have more experience with this particular model.

The other option is dropper seat. I wanted it for MTBing but found it to be very useful commuting with all stops, drop seat and my feet a flat on ground. If your current seat stem is at lowest setting then may not work for you, check with bike shop.

Back