Need help on deciding....

Jrad13

Region
USA
Thoughts?
I'm looking to buy my wife an ebike been going back and forth on ocelot pro and the aventure 2...she's been riding conventional cruiser styles for years but with onset of arthritic hills and wind forced her to sidelines. She's only 5'3"..I've seen several videos showing her size or little shorter even women riding and enjoying the adventure 2..not as many the ocelot. But sure my wife works like the compact look is the ocelot? And the 20" wheels. I know I'd she had reach issue on the adventure I'll swap the handlebars for cruiser style.. Or add an adjustable stem. Love the torque vs cadence system on the aventure.. But really struggling to make decision.. Let me know what ya think! Thanks in advance!

IMHO 20" wheels are for those under 20 or who don't care if they bite their tongue. Pothole shock is much worse on a 20" than a 26". I have 28" inseam legs, and I ride a bike with 26" wheels & 2.1" tires. 2.4" tires are even smoother on 55 psi. Fat tires, 3" up, are limited to low pressure (30 psi?) and chew up a lot of watthours. Fat tires are also hard to steer.

IMHO 20" wheels are for those under 20 or who don't care if they bite their tongue. Pothole shock is much worse on a 20" than a 26". I have 28" inseam legs, and I ride a bike with 26" wheels & 2.1" tires. 2.4" tires are even smoother on 55 psi. Fat tires, 3" up, are limited to low pressure (30 psi?) and chew up a lot of watthours. Fat tires are also hard to steer.
Thanks for the input. I have so much conflicting info.. Few woman have storm by their ocelot pro.. Kinda of hybrid tires but fast tires.

My lean was too the aventure 2 for the 750w motor for hills and I liked the idea of the torque mechanism over cadence for pedal assist (over the level 2).

Still torn as watched several vids that show folks highly rating the ocelot as well. Talked to a seller outside my area that said aventure 2 most popular now and sells many to win 5'3"or under a few that do well and love their bikes.

Ugh.

I like 20" wheels. As long as your'e not hauling butt over a big hole you'll be fine. As to the choice between the 2 are you buying local or DTC? Sometimes the DTC brands will toss in freebies to sweeten the deal. Shame you can't find any of the choices in person for a test ride.

Look at the trek Liv which has a small frame and big tires. There are others in that category. My bike shown left was for small people, fits me great, but was discontinued. I'm 68" tall but it is all in my back; my legs are so short I can't wear store stock trousers. I have to alter them.

I like 20" wheels. As long as your'e not hauling butt over a big hole you'll be fine. As to the choice between the 2 are you buying local or DTC? Sometimes the DTC brands will toss in freebies to sweeten the deal. Shame you can't find any of the choices in person for a test ride.
Awesome thanks for that input.. I think I'm scared of the fat tires and since she will be almost 100% on streets and paths probably for the best and we'll be closest to what she has ridden for years. So looking at pace 500.3 st.. Dtc likely.. I'll be looking for the best deal now til black Friday.

Look at the trek Liv which has a small frame and big tires. There are others in that category. My bike shown left was for small people, fits me great, but was discontinued. I'm 68" tall but it is all in my back; my legs are so short I can't wear store stock trousers. I have to alter them.
Thanks as I posted for couple others this is where I am now and feel good most sensible decision, not the funnest or sexiest lol.. But here's where am... Awesome thanks for that input.. I think I'm scared of the fat tires and since she will be almost 100% on streets and paths probably for the best and we'll be closest to what she has ridden for years. So looking at pace 500.3 st.. Dtc likely.. I'll be looking for the best deal now til black Friday.

Back