Need bigger downtube battery than BT E8020

Rune007

Hey yall,

New member here. Needed to create account to vent and hopefully get pointed in the right direction. I'm am so frustrated with Shimano not making they're (better late than never) 630wh downtube battery backward compatible with my 2017 Scott eSpark with STEPS E8000 motor!

I love everything about my bike except what I paid for it and the range, which is good but a limiting factor on many rides that I want to do. When I bought it I justified dropping the dough by telling myself that it was a long term investment that could be upgraded as battery tech got better, joke's on me I guess......

This is why I won't buy another ebike from a major mountain bike company that has a drive system from an establishment manufacturer. It's garage mad science for me from here on out!

/rant over

Anyway, I've heard that there are others manufacturing batteries with larger capacities than the 500wh E8020 battery I got now that will fit my bike. I'm hoping this is true but have had no luck finding them. Can anyone point me in the right direction with a link?

Thanks,
Sean

Looking to add an extra battery to carry with me. I have the BT-E8020 - 500wH. I see on line various options but I’m not sure if they are compatible.

There is a BT-E8020 C with 500wH and I’ve also seen advertised a BT-E8020 with 504wH. Can anyone help me with making sure I get the right one?

Thanks,

George

I agree absolutely about how annoying it is that Shimano have introduced a 630Wh battery that is not compatible with any of the previous systems. So much so that I would probably not purchase another Shimano equipped bike. At least Bosch give you a choice of different batteries with each motor and now the dual battery system. Mind you , I think the way the ebike market has developed is anomalous: for any other consumer product from a car to a computer mouse to a TV remote control, there is a standard sized battery available from a choice of producers. Why can the cycle industry not agree to do the same thing?

Back