Need a part for a Reention Dorado battery.. Where do I go?

Cliff Cq

Region
USA
Hello Everyone,
I have owned my NCM Moscow Plus for over 3 years and have put about 1800 miles on it. It is a great bike for the price.
Recently I got caught in a big rain storm and the water damaged the top board on the battery. The battery itself is fine and still produces 53 volts. The top board has the momentary power button and USB.
I have contacted just about everyone on Earth trying to get a new board but no luck. Jenny from Aijiu was helpful but will only send me a replacement board if I buy a battery from her. I understand the business part of that transaction but the battery I have is fully functional and this can't be more than a $10 part. Leon Cycles only deals with complete batteries (of which they cannot get any of right now). I have attached photo of the part. It's difficult to see in the pics but the FETs are burned up.
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-1T1ml8WFVyw (2).jpg

i hope you can get this fixed, would be ridiculous to have to replace the battery over this part

wonder about some of the rebuilders, like the place in vegas? cant remember the name- emp??

also wonder about someone that fixes electronics? would they solder new things onto the board?

please keep us up to date on how this goes will definitely happen to someone else in the future

I don't understand, Jenny will only sell you a board if you buy a separate full battery from her? If that's the case you would no longer really need the board lol and it shows she has access to the part! This is very strange business imo.
I would keep searching, worse case scenario you could buy the additional battery and then sell it after you repair the original.

Thanks for the EMP lead Vincent, I did contact them and they said they cannot provide the part.
I have busted out the multimeter and I am trying to determine the function of the board. I think it only acts as button for a relay on the BMS and also has the USB and power level indicator lights on it which are tied to the MOSFETs that burned out. If all this is the case, I can bypass with a good momentary switch. We will see and I will keep ya'll posted.

I don't understand, Jenny will only sell you a board if you buy a separate full battery from her? If that's the case you would no longer really need the board lol and it shows she has access to the part! This is very strange business imo.
I would keep searching, worse case scenario you could buy the additional battery and then sell it after you repair the original.
Lots of vendors stopped providing replacement BMS and boards. Both devices can be trashed by something as simple as static electricity. Sellers soon got tired of amateurs killing the boards and howling about the warranty policy. Once bitten...

I don't blame her one bit. She's in the battery business, not parts supply.

You should be able to find them on Aliexpress.

Wow, I feel like an idiot.. haha! I've been looking everywhere for that. For some reason I didn't see that link. Thank you!!!

Lots of vendors stopped providing replacement BMS and boards. Both devices can be trashed by something as simple as static electricity. Sellers soon got tired of amateurs killing the boards and howling about the warranty policy. Once bitten...

I don't blame her one bit. She's in the battery business, not parts supply.

You should be able to find them on Aliexpress.
Thats not the odd bit, If you dont sell the part cool, its the i dont sell this part unless you buy a battery from me bit that is kinda strange.

Thats not the odd bit, If you dont sell the part cool, its the i dont sell this part unless you buy a battery from me bit that is kinda strange.
It’s a simple business decision. Apparently there’s no interest in being a parts supplier. I don’t blame them. Their business is selling batteries.

It’s a simple business decision. Apparently there’s no interest in being a parts supplier. I don’t blame them. Their business is selling batteries.
then sell batteries! i dont get the whole "conditional parts seller thing" thats all.

then sell batteries! i dont get the whole "conditional parts seller thing" thats all.
Well I tried to share the experiences of several shops selling PCBs to end users as one explanation. I know of several shops that will no longer sell a BMS to end users. Due to a high rate of return by hobby guys that miss handled and killed the boards. Typically with static electric sparks. EM3ev and others when supplying warranty replacement make explicit warning about how they must be handled.

Perhaps try the several repair shops in the USA. I’d bet dollars to donuts they’ll not resell parts either.

Hello Everyone,
I have owned my NCM Moscow Plus for over 3 years and have put about 1800 miles on it. It is a great bike for the price.
Recently I got caught in a big rain storm and the water damaged the top board on the battery. The battery itself is fine and still produces 53 volts. The top board has the momentary power button and USB.
I have contacted just about everyone on Earth trying to get a new board but no luck. Jenny from Aijiu was helpful but will only send me a replacement board if I buy a battery from her. I understand the business part of that transaction but the battery I have is fully functional and this can't be more than a $10 part. Leon Cycles only deals with complete batteries (of which they cannot get any of right now). I have attached photo of the part. It's difficult to see in the pics but the FETs are burned up.View attachment 128908
I had the exact problem drove in rain. Last year the 4 battery charge indicator lights went out. Then yesterday it rained and battery wouldn't turn on. Took it apart and had the same burning issue on top board. Is that also the BMS board or is the BMS board the bigger board that is lower? Anyway it's a poor design to let water through like that

Hello Everyone,
I have contacted just about everyone on Earth trying to get a new board but no luck. Jenny from Aijiu was helpful but will only send me a replacement board if I buy a battery from her. I understand the business part of that transaction but the battery I have is fully functional and this can't be more than a $10 part. Leon Cycles only deals with complete batteries (of which they cannot get any of right now). I have attached photo of the part. It's difficult to see in the pics but the FETs are burned up.View attachment 128908
So does this mean you can't turn on the battery power to the bike. Because I can't on mine and it won't charge now either.

Wow, I feel like an idiot.. haha! I've been looking everywhere for that. For some reason I didn't see that link. Thank you!!!
Hi Guys, I actually had the same problem and ordered the part from those guys in China on Aliexpress. It was a pain creating an account with Aliexpress but I finally did. The merchant in China was very helpful. A little awkward translation due to google translate. But we got to communicate ok. I received the part in less than two weeks for about U$14 to NYC. Installed it and fixed my battery. It’s a shame no one in the US is selling this part.

Hi Guys, I actually had the same problem and ordered the part from those guys in China on Aliexpress. It was a pain creating an account with Aliexpress but I finally did. The merchant in China was very helpful. A little awkward translation due to google translate. But we got to communicate ok. I received the part in less than two weeks for about U$14 to NYC. Installed it and fixed my battery. It’s a shame no one in the US is selling this part.
Actually I do have the part for immediate shipment.

Back