Neck spacers on Jumper

mamerc

I would like to add a little hight to my handle bars and read with these type of bars you can add spacers. Not too sure what came with the 2013 Jumper since I had a local bike shop assemble mine. Does anyone have advise if I can add a few or should I buy a more angled bar? I feel the stock bar feels a little short and too responsive when riding trails....Thanks to all

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 6.41.26 PM.png

Just gave the existing bars counter clockwise turn a few mm moved the levers and feels better

Yes I put a huge spacer on my Scott hybrid , like 4 in. Made huge differance. Just go to a good shop if you can, they will know what to do. Ebike will have more cables to deal with though probably.

The steerer tube on the fork has been cut to length right below the top of the stem clamp, and the stem clamps onto the steerer tube. The steerer cap, bolt and star nut then hold the package together. You adjust the stiffness of the headset and steerer with the cap bolt.

You can't add spacers under the stem without compromising the security of the stem. Pro riders add one or two spacers on top of their preferred stem height, then cut the steerer. This enables the sort of adjustment that you wanted, and also helps with the used marked value of an expensive fork.

You could look for stems with a 30 deg rise. I've been looking at those to add some height to my Evo bars too.

Back