NCM Moscow fenders

nufo

Hi everyone,

I just received my Moscow and after a quick ride, loving it! The assembly was much easier than anticipated. I am having some problems with shifting the rear between gears 4-7 but I'll try to troubleshoot that shortly.

I ordered the rear rack so I should have that soon. I also need to install fenders. I purchased these SKS Velo 65 below but they are in no way stable enough with the single mounting hole on the frame. There is a U-stay kit available for them but I have no clue where the U-stays would mount on the bike? I may have to resort to the other fenders such as those on DavidN's Moscow (in the pictures thread). I do like the look of the SKS Velo 65's though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OPUCA6/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon.com : SKS U-Stay Kit for Velo 65 Fender : Bike Fenders : Sports & Outdoors
Amazon.com : SKS U-Stay Kit for Velo 65 Fender : Bike Fenders : Sports & Outdoors
www.amazon.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Ride safe and Happy 4th.

SunTour suspension forks have a mounting points built into them; they are on the back of the fork, covered with a plug. You would also need this SKS Adapter. For the rear, if your bike only has single eyelets, you mount the fender and rack together with a single bolt on each side.

SunTour suspension forks have a mounting points built into them; they are on the back of the fork, covered with a plug. You would also need this SKS Adapter. For the rear, if your bike only has single eyelets, you mount the fender and rack together with a single bolt on each side.

Thanks for the reply. However, I couldn't find the built-in mounting points on the back of the fork. Any chance you could point me in the right direction? For the rear, I am going to wait till the rear rack arrives to mount the rack and fender together. Much appreciated!

Hi everyone,

I just received my Moscow and after a quick ride, loving it! The assembly was much easier than anticipated. I am having some problems with shifting the rear between gears 4-7 but I'll try to troubleshoot that shortly.

I ordered the rear rack so I should have that soon. I also need to install fenders. I purchased these SKS Velo 65 below but they are in no way stable enough with the single mounting hole on the frame. There is a U-stay kit available for them but I have no clue where the U-stays would mount on the bike? I may have to resort to the other fenders such as those on DavidN's Moscow (in the pictures thread). I do like the look of the SKS Velo 65's though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OPUCA6/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

www.amazon.com

I just got and installed rear rack, But I had to remove my SKS rear fender because it rubbed on tire😢
Have to look at other options? Anybody with options?

I also just installed the rear rack, but I was able to get the SKS rear fender lined up without any rubbing. It required 2 holes in the fender and zip ties to the rear rack (see pics; I haven't cut the excess zip ties yet since I wanted to do some minor adjustments). I can try to take better pics tomorrow if needed. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 20200714_223004.jpg
    20200714_223004.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 1,600
  • 20200714_222900.jpg
    20200714_222900.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 3,092
I also just installed the rear rack, but I was able to get the SKS rear fender lined up without any rubbing. It required 2 holes in the fender and zip ties to the rear rack (see pics; I haven't cut the excess zip ties yet since I wanted to do some minor adjustments). I can try to take better pics tomorrow if needed. Hope that helps.
I had a seat post SKS mounted fender. Plus I have the 29 in wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_5402.jpg
    IMG_5402.jpg
    725.7 KB · Views: 1,562
  • IMG_5403.jpg
    IMG_5403.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 1,252
  • IMG_5404.jpg
    IMG_5404.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 1,143
Last edited:
I see... different fender. Do you have a pic? Maybe some people can suggest ways to mount it with the rear rack installed.

SKS Bluemels 75 U.
The front was easy however the back was tricky. I had to cut the middle U support bar since it was too long. I didn't remove the rack. I was able to slide the fender under it.

Attachments

• IMGP9402.JPG
    IMGP9402.JPG
    974.7 KB · Views: 1,078
  • IMGP9403.JPG
    IMGP9403.JPG
    982 KB · Views: 1,061
  • IMGP9404.JPG
    IMGP9404.JPG
    894.7 KB · Views: 1,210
  • IMGP9405.JPG
    IMGP9405.JPG
    915.8 KB · Views: 1,243
  • IMGP9406.JPG
    IMGP9406.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 993
  • IMGP9407.JPG
    IMGP9407.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 1,282
Ok I took fender off and remounted. Now it is not rubbing took it for a 10 miles ride worked fine.
Now all that is left is to get Boomerang V2 and bike will be complete. Added Satori Harmony Bike Bicycle Suspension Seatpost, also extended handball post 4" help my back a lot. plus Handlebar Extender Double Handlebar stem Extension Rack Aluminum.

I'm getting about 75 miles to a battery charge using mostly peddle assist. Really happy with this bike.

Attachments

• IMG_5402.jpg
    IMG_5402.jpg
    725.7 KB · Views: 901
  • IMG_5403.jpg
    IMG_5403.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_5404.jpg
    IMG_5404.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 679
Ok I took fender off and remounted. Now it is not rubbing took it for a 10 miles ride worked fine.
Now all that is left is to get Boomerang V2 and bike will be complete. Added Satori Harmony Bike Bicycle Suspension Seatpost, also extended handball post 4" help my back a lot. plus Handlebar Extender Double Handlebar stem Extension Rack Aluminum.

I'm getting about 75 miles to a battery charge using mostly peddle assist. Really happy with this bike.
Hi, can you remember what diameter the the handle bar stem was for the height extender, thanks.

Hi everyone,

www.amazon.com

If they "are in no way stable enough with the single mounting" why are you including them here? For other NCM Moscow owners to buy them also, only to learn they don't fit?

I ended up keeping those same SKS Velo 65 fenders. I was able to stabilize them with some tweaks. For the rear fender, I used some zip ties and secured the fender to the rack in addition to the original fender bolt. I'm about 700 miles in and they've held up great.

Hey

I just wanted to say. On my Moscow Plus 27.5 with a NCM back rack that these fenders (SKS Beavertail) fit fantastic in the back and fit pretty good in the front but required a modification. They are inexpensive too.

I got mine at MEC for $23cdn (and available at a local brick and mortar store for me as well as online)
SKS Beavertail at MEC.ca

Back fender:
Fit 100% as expected even with a bike rack. Fender fit fine but I did decide to drill 2 holes in it for a zip tie to link the rear fender to the bike rack so it acts like a fender stays. If you leave off the zip tie the fender can attach or detach in under 10sec. Fender has a very positive lock when installed, no worries about it vibrating off.

Front fender:
Does not fit when installed as directed, it rubs the tire. The fender comes with a little angle bracket that has a curve in 1 arm of the bracket that mates with the fender. I used aggressive 7th level cursing to hand bend the curve in the opposite direction and installed the bracket upside down. I then cut off the front 6" of the fender (just forward of where the bracket slides in) and presto it fits perfect and retains the ability to be installed and de-installed in 10sec. Entire modification took maybe 10min. I cut the fender on my bandsaw but a dremel or hacksaw would work just as well or better.

Back