NCM Moscow Das Kit L7 code to modify setting

I Don't know if that code would work on the Plus. i will try changing the wheel size if that's an option. I think the Das Kit L7 is a low end product which you can't customize assist levels. 8888 show up when I hold +- for a few seconds to get into the options.

The Moscow plus is rocking the L7B lcd display, so as you assume the code may well not work, but will give it a go when i get a day off, hopefully it will get me into the program settings menu. cheers for the reply Sam.

Well the good news is, the code works on the daz kit L7B. ive dropped the wheel size from 27.5 to 20 will report back, with any success or whether ive turned it into a mobile bomb.

That's good the code worked. The 20 inch should slow it down. I will have to see if I can change that option.
I want a slower power level. Assist level 1 gets me to 10 mph really fast when barely touching the pedal or accidently touch the pedal. I bought my bike from CA bike Company and am not happy with their customer service. Andrew didnt even know the code and then never returned my call so I am concerned about getting parts or service when needed.
Did you buy your in U.S.?

Im in the UK Sam. so restricted by law to 15.5 mph. for some reason the Moscow plus, doesnt disengage power assist till it hits 16.7mph with the wheels set at 27.5, with the size of the wheel reduced, to 20 inch the onboard speedo is showing a speed of 12.5. iphone gps however shows a speed of 20.8 mph so yeah it knackers up the lcd display, but you do get an bit of an additional powered assist cruise speed

will be trying out all variations of wheel sizes and compare it against the gps speedo

I see. I think I also found that out when I set the wheel size to 20 inches the power and speed seemed to stay the same. Well, I kind of give up and realize the the only changes that can be made are in the Eco, Normal, and Power modes. Best of luck! Sam

This is what the NCM Bike company sent me.
The system provides a discreet to powerful support
(depending on the selected setting) of the driver and also facilitates mastery
of gradients or driving in headwinds. However, it is assumed,
that the system is adequately supported by the user. If the engine
overloaded in this respect, the system automatically switches itself off in order to
technical components from damage.
To avoid this, use the e-bike like a bicycle without electrical
Support for steep longer climbs.

Example for a 7 gear shift:
For steep climbs, select a maximum of support level 3 and
shift them into a lower gear e.g. 2-3 and support the system.
If tours with several gradients should be made,
we recommend that you switch to ECO mode.
In this way you avoid overloading the system and conserve the battery.
You have 6 support levels 0-6
The following data are approximate guide values and
can therefore vary slightly.

0 = Motor does not support
1 = 7-10 km/h
2 = 10-13 km/h
3 = 13-16 km/h
4 = 16-19 km/h
5 = 19-22 km/h
6 = 22-25 km/h

In stages 1-6 the motor only supports
up to the specified speed.
All speeds beyond that are controlled by own
to support muscle power.

Among other things, you have 3 modes settings

Steps:

1. ECO = Saves battery capacity (higher range) --> low power consumption = high range
2. normal = average battery capacity --> average power consumption = average range
3. power = lower battery capacity --> high power consumption = short range

Leon Cycle in the US suggested to me to try codes 8007,8018, 8036 or 8088. My July 2009 purchased Moscow+ liked the 8018 code..good folks

They have been the most helpful, more than the Bike Co of CA who didn't know the codes and then never got back with me. Shady Company.

So you have the C7 display? And can you customize the assist levels so to slow the speed of them?

Hi Sambiker. Its seems to me you want speed that is limited to a very low number. All this adjusting wheel size has minimal or no effect on that. I suspect the motor is designed with only a speed limiter per assist level. Now back to your need I remember reading in my user manual about a walking mode limited to around 4mph. I'll have to try that and report back. Have you tried starting off with just the throttle ...
BTW. Be careful dismounting with power still active. Incidental pedal action can prove hurtful.

I've had my Moscow Plus now for about 3 weeks and I have these comments. Overall I am very pleased with this bike. All the bike components are top quality for a low cost ebike. Its a rugged and very stable at speed. I've upgraded the seat which really wasn't required as the stock seat is excellent...I just wanted a little more "cush". I also installed a Rock Brothers rear rack that mounts to the seat post and is also supported with down struts that I had to customize with p clips. I am looking for a mirror but no luck yet.
Why did NCM put mounting posts on the top the frame mid bar, Ouch !!! ???

Hi Sambiker. Its seems to me you want speed that is limited to a very low number. All this adjusting wheel size has minimal or no effect on that. I suspect the motor is designed with only a speed limiter per assist level. Now back to your need I remember reading in my user manual about a walking mode limited to around 4mph. I'll have to try that and report back. Have you tried starting off with just the throttle ...
BTW. Be careful dismounting with power still active. Incidental pedal action can prove hurtful.
I know about the slight pedal movement when on on bike, it takes off on its own! To bad they can't make a sensor under the seat that detects weight before the bike activates.

Hi all, seeking any help/feedback from anyone able to change the max assisted speed on a C7 Das Kit pls? Thanks Jay.

Im in the UK Sam. so restricted by law to 15.5 mph. for some reason the Moscow plus, doesnt disengage power assist till it hits 16.7mph with the wheels set at 27.5, with the size of the wheel reduced, to 20 inch the onboard speedo is showing a speed of 12.5. iphone gps however shows a speed of 20.8 mph so yeah it knackers up the lcd display, but you do get an bit of an additional powered assist cruise speed

will be trying out all variations of wheel sizes and compare it against the gps speedo
Hey Womble, did you figure out if any combo makes a difference pls? Thanks Jay

Leon Cycle in the US suggested to me to try codes 8007,8018, 8036 or 8088. My July 2009 purchased Moscow+ liked the 8018 code..good folks
Just for assistance to all, tried all in Aus only one that works is 8018 and allows for change wheel size/tyre only (not full settings like I have seen on internet when using 8036 code) for some reason. Take it this setting is removed for this market. Thanks.

Hey Womble, did you figure out if any combo makes a difference pls? Thanks Jay

A combination of excessive work hours and poor UK weather has prevented further tests, fingers crossed for the end of season { November lol } as it stands my Plus is still on 20 inch wheels { on the display } and its still giving off speeds of 20 to 20.5 mph. before cutting the juice, { downhill ive got her upto 41.3 mph. which i absolutely do not recommend, } on the flats the additional 4-5mph speed is barely noticeable, uphill however you can feel the additional boost.

I didnt have much luck with changing the wheel size, possibly a little smoother take off. Ive accepted the bike the way it is. The code 8018 work for the Moscow. But it may be that different displays require diffent codes- 8306, 0512,8007, 87778.
Good Luck!

I didnt have much luck with changing the wheel size, possibly a little smoother take off. Ive accepted the bike the way it is. The code 8018 work for the Moscow. But it may be that different displays require diffent codes- 8306, 0512,8007, 87778.
Good Luck!
After the display on my CCS got Alzheimer's from moisture. I learned to be content with just modes & charge level.
It's unlikely I'll ever get a speeding ticket.🧙‍♂️ This bike is very German in many ways, but for $1299 it will do what I bought it for,
in spite of being somewhat Spartan.

I've had my Moscow Plus now for about 3 weeks and I have these comments. Overall I am very pleased with this bike. All the bike components are top quality for a low cost ebike. Its a rugged and very stable at speed. I've upgraded the seat which really wasn't required as the stock seat is excellent...I just wanted a little more "cush".
Why did NCM put mounting posts on the top the frame mid bar, Ouch !!! ???
I concur! And as for mounting points, I did manage to get an old rack on it with a bit of creative engineering. My CCS is still
a faster black top commuter, but this is really an all around bike. I've had it exactly 1 wk, and i'm starting to get a handle
on what the Germans have tried to do here. The amount of juice you use is relative to the gear you're in & has fast you want
to go. My CCS will use up about 3 volts for 12 mi ride with the original 21 Ah battery,( I'm 6'2", 240 on hilly terrain). I did 15 today
on the NCM, ( 13Ah ) with no appreciable loss of charge by matching gears to speed. Yes it was a bit more of a workout. but
this bike has considerable range potential. Pedals just fine without power in the lower gears on the flat & climbs like a goat.
Put your battery in a day pack & it loads easily onto a bus, There's no limit to how far you can go on this thing or what kind
of terrain you ride. This is what I've been looking for in a bike.

I lied & didn't know what I was talkin' about,(deleted) I just thought I had a C6, turns out it is an L7;
actually mine came pre-set with everthin'. No wonder I thought it was idiot proof . Thank you,
Leon Cycles, Seattle. Ordered on Fri' got here Mon., I waited 2 1/2 mos. for my CCS.
The thing I like most about this bike: it's still a bike!

Back