My XP 2.0 arrived today and I’m hesitant to open the box because…

I think you are correct; for a major rip like that the shipper obviously has to take responsibility.

But then there's the hassle factor, the additional delay in getting the product to the customer, and the possibility that there was enough padding that the contents didn't suffer damage, which in this case apparently was correct. Perhaps the shipping folks at Lectric have a lot of experience with container damages and the likelihood of internal damages. In my case, one of our two XP 2.0st bikes arrived last November (2021) with one of the handhold holes ripped clean up to the top of the container. Bike inside was fine. It was the OTHER bike that arrived with the derailleur guard bent in, but with no obvious damage to the container.

But I think you are correct--it is the shipper who bears the costs of remedial shipping and returns.

But I think you are correct--it is the shipper who bears the costs of remedial shipping and returns.
Sadly that isn't the case. And where claims may be possible the time to settle it to everyone's advantage except the buyer. Been there...

Back