My new bike came in but it has a minor chip in the paint. How much credit should I be offered to consider taking?

Wondering what the outcome was for the OP, who hasn't been heard from since he posted up a photo of the scratch.

I really seriously doubt anybody is going to be able to get a bottle of touch up paint from the bike shop, nor the bike manufacturer; unless they have an "in" with some Chinese or Taiwanese bike manufacturer line worker who could sneak a sample of it out the factory!

The best bet is for the OP to take his bike to a vendor selling automotive paint, where they could match it up..... or even mix a pint of the color for you. Automotive parts stores like Autozone and Pep Boys sell small bottles of touch up paint that might, just might be close to the color of the bike.

A few years back, I discarded my carbon fiber front fork on my Specialized Fatboy as I had the aluminum version of the same fork in hand. I wanted to install threaded inserts for the front rack I planned on installing on the aluminum fork......

I wanted to replicate the same paint scheme as I had on the Carbon Fiber fork, including the metallic yellow decals Specialized had on the fork legs. So I wrote to Specialized, asking to buy these decals.

I got my learning lesson quick. These companies don't stock decals or paint. What comes off the line in Asia, is contained within that building in Asia. Most every year, they redesign paint and decal schemes to freshen up their bikes for the new sales year. Basically, you are on your own.

Even the Haibike USA distributor does not stock battery decals for their ebikes, you have to go to outside vendors to do that. I wound up getting two decal sets from RideWill Italy. Fine, fine service, but to go that far to get a decals tells us there is little to no support for things like bike decals or specific blended touch up paint to match our bike frames!

Wondering what the outcome was for the OP, who hasn't been heard from since he posted up a photo of the scratch.

I really seriously doubt anybody is going to be able to get a bottle of touch up paint from the bike shop, nor the bike manufacturer; unless they have an "in" with some Chinese or Taiwanese bike manufacturer line worker who could sneak a sample of it out the factory!

The best bet is for the OP to take his bike to a vendor selling automotive paint, where they could match it up..... or even mix a pint of the color for you. Automotive parts stores like Autozone and Pep Boys sell small bottles of touch up paint that might, just might be close to the color of the bike.

A few years back, I discarded my carbon fiber front fork on my Specialized Fatboy as I had the aluminum version of the same fork in hand. I wanted to install threaded inserts for the front rack I planned on installing on the aluminum fork......

I wanted to replicate the same paint scheme as I had on the Carbon Fiber fork, including the metallic yellow decals Specialized had on the fork legs. So I wrote to Specialized, asking to buy these decals.

I got my learning lesson quick. These companies don't stock decals or paint. What comes off the line in Asia, is contained within that building in Asia. Most every year, they redesign paint and decal schemes to freshen up their bikes for the new sales year. Basically, you are on your own.

Even the Haibike USA distributor does not stock battery decals for their ebikes, you have to go to outside vendors to do that. I wound up getting two decal sets from RideWill Italy. Fine, fine service, but to go that far to get a decals tells us there is little to no support for things like bike decals or specific blended touch up paint to match our bike frames!
My wife's Ecotric Foldie 20 incher had a pretty deep scratch on the front tube. She sent pics of her and I unboxing. They issued a $30 refund with zero hassel. That was on a bike that cost $789.

Back