my juggernaut ultra FS struggles (LBS CAUSED 99%)

This is what exactly happens when a LBS (like Biktrix) goes nationwide on mail order.

That gets them more sales volume, but unable to provide value added support to those that aren't local.

Question is: would you recommend a non-local to purchase from them?

If u have even a half decent LBS I wouldn't worry
biktrix has a very fast and quick response time to issues I waited 3 days for my replacement hanger and it wasn't even listed on the website so I had to go through email support (the long route)

I broke my chain just after getting my bike and they covered the replacement cost just asked for a copy of the bill

When it came to replacing the hub also only waited like 2 days for the part

My LBS took months of saying they couldn't get the part before saying that I would have to call for the part I didn't ask for a warranty coverage I just asked to order the part so wording was also my fault I just wanted to get back out and ride ASAP

walking to work sucks but after replacing the part there seems to be a new issue and Roshan has seen to gone out of his way in a channel not owned by the company to work on the issue how could I not recommend that.

My old evoke every part I needed I had to order from China they wouldn't even sell me anything

Yeah it still seems to be having the same issue between 20-30 it feels like a vibration but when I lean for a corner it gets stronger almost like a grinding feeling but with no sound but there is a resistance feeling slowing me down but the hub has good engagement for acceleration
Perhaps you can leave the brake calliper off the mount and see if the issue occurs? That way you can identify if it is brake related or not.

This is what exactly happens when a LBS (like Biktrix) goes nationwide on mail order.

That gets them more sales volume, but unable to provide value added support to those that aren't local.

Question is: would you recommend a non-local to purchase from them?
If you need LBS support you should definitely buy from the LBS. But that doesn't necessarily mean better support than buying direct from manufacturer.

But that doesn't necessarily mean better support than buying direct from manufacturer.
Biktrix is basically two partnered LBS shops with their own brand.

I would definitely buy from them if I was local to their locations, but long distance relationships just don't work here.

soya is adding nothing here, stay out of his way and let him get his bike fixed, not much better help then the owner of the company which made the bike, start your own thread or be helpful

It's either that or something didn't get installed properly on the hub.. may be the cassette isn't installed properly on the freehub body?
i have taken the cassette of and tried to tighten it again i even tried another cassette on it
its been a month now since i got the new hub replaced and i watched and checked every video on the subject i can. I had my bike in the stand for 6 hours the other day trying anything i could find to be the source
there is some resistance also when i have the tire out of the frame and in my hands on the axels it does not spin very smooth not the same feeling that the front tire has its butter smooth
i have replaced the tire the tube the hub the brake pads bled the brakes swapped the cassette and taken it to a shop 3 times

6 months of this trouble i spent 8500 dollars on this bike and it has collected dust for 6 of the months i have had it
i bought studded tires for getting back and forth to work they didn't even touch the snow
like i said i have been going through step by step increments to get this resolved for almost a year
it has cost me nearly 300$ (not including new tire or brake pads or brake fluid or tube) countless hours of maintenance and walking back and forth to work 16 km for 6 months
how much do you charge for a new back rim could i have just bought a new one for the same price by now?

was hoping to have this resolved awhile ago as i planed on looking into a second wheelset so i dont have to swap tires and a back up so i dont have to walk to work anymore

the only issue it could be is internally they messed something up when they installed the new hub and thats about the only part of the bike i have little to no experience with is the internals of the hub hence why i took it to the shop

It's either that or something didn't get installed properly on the hub.. may be the cassette isn't installed properly on the freehub body?
I know... Have you tried removing the tire and rotating it 35° and then remounting it while hopping on one foot and humming God Save the Queen?
Then we can confirm that I will do anything and everything but send you a wheel as I should have done in the first place even after I got an extra $160 for a replacement hub and cost you who knows how much on top of the 6+ months wasted dealing with the equally inept LBS.

Late to the party here but I’ll take a shot. If you had the original hub repaired internally and it still isnt right they didnt correctly fix it. This bike comes with lower end hubs so throw it away and buy a brand new hub and build up another wheel and then your riding again. My friend that blew his up last year has not had any issues since we replaced and built up the new wheel. Biktrix bikes are a price point bike IMO. They use lower quality parts to make it affordable. The hubs are Quanta I think. Amazon $60 for a pair. DT Swiss, White Ind. $$ but never fail. I like Hope hubs $100 for a front, $200 for the rear. Any bike you purchase out of your area you better be prepared to fix things yourself or wait 6 months for ...

I
Late to the party here but I’ll take a shot. If you had the original hub repaired internally and it still isnt right they didnt correctly fix it. This bike comes with lower end hubs so throw it away and buy a brand new hub and build up another wheel and then your riding again. My friend that blew his up last year has not had any issues since we replaced and built up the new wheel. Biktrix bikes are a price point bike IMO. They use lower quality parts to make it affordable. The hubs are Quanta I think. Amazon $60 for a pair. DT Swiss, White Ind. $$ but never fail. I like Hope hubs $100 for a front, $200 for the rear. Any bike you purchase out of your area you better be prepared to fix things yourself or wait 6 months for ...
I did originally look for some hubs but wasn't having any luck finding a 197mm hub

I have seen a couple now but just worried if the extra torque will chew them up I have the bafang ultra and the hope hub I saw think only had 4-8 pawls but I assume better material on it
the stock biktrix one has like 20-24 didnt actually count but there was more than i have ever seen

On top of the investment already

Last edited:
I

I did originally look for some hubs but wasn't having any luck finding a 197mm hub

I have seen a couple now but just worried if the extra torque will chew them up I have the bafang ultra and the hope hub I saw think only had 4-8 pawls but I assume better material on it
the stock biktrix one has like 20-24 didnt actually count but there was more than i have ever seen

On top of the investment already
Sending you a new replacement rear wheel. Saw your email today. My team will be in touch :p

Sending you a new replacement rear wheel. Saw your email today. My team will be in touch :p
thank you, gonna be a much better summer not worrying about that anymore
now on to a second wheelset so i can stop chewing up my minions on the pavement

Thanks again Roshan

sent one email in and my problems where solved wish my bike shop coulda done the same thing to prevent this whole mess in the first place.

I have not been let down by the customer service from biktrix when I delt with them
Can't say the same about my LBS though

Had the same issue 30 days into my first Biktrix Ultra, hub #2 only lasted a single hill. In my opinion, the supplied rear freewheel was not up to the task. The minimal palws just sheared off. I always stayed in first gear up the steep stuff and always shifted down before the hill. No question Roshan and his crew were excellent to deal with and we solved the issue. My first LBS was a complete waste of time, but I have found an excellent LBS since then. I will say, ultimately, the DT swiss BR2250 rear rim was the solve for me. It's on my New Ultra FS and never shows a hint of trouble. Unless you ride like a grandma or have a $10-$15k budget, every bike will have some issue to deal with. I'm just glad I had a company that returned my emails & calls showing they really gave a crap. THANK YOU Biktrix.

Back