My Impression of the Luna Mighty Mini Display (Bafang 500C) on the Hydra

I asked Pushkar about that before purchasing the bike because I wanted to have a setting for street-legal use. He said it is indeed possible.
You can easily set your max speed via the throttle or PAS with the programming cable.

You guys are correct you can limit the current on the different levels and adjust from 1-10 how much % you want from that. You can reduce down but not up. For instance you can't get 30a out of a 750w motor. But you could tame down a 2300w controller way down. The motors are all the same your only modifying the controller software.
But if you had the "Dealer programing" software you can set whichever wattage and current value you want within parameters.

Does this display track Wh/mile of trips? I'm currently using Eggrider because I'm a data geek...but the form factor of this display looks to be much better.

Does this display track Wh/mile of trips? I'm currently using Eggrider because I'm a data geek...but the form factor of this display looks to be much better.
It just gives you speed, odometer, trip odometer, time on trip (no clock), average speed, max speed. It also has a walk function and shows your voltage and how much is being used at any given time.

It doesnt data log like the EggRider. Also the EggRider is not compatible with the Hydra I believe.

Pushkar has said the EggRider is not compatible so I’ll go by what he says. Besides it’s too dam small for me to see anyway.
Perhaps he can get his hands on the ones from Innotrace instead would be interesting to know what they are like and how they work with the Archon, I would hope Innotrace knows how to get a display working with their own controller or they wouldn't be selling them as such.

Thanks guys, to clarify I have the stock Ultra so the Eggrider and presumably the 500C will work.

I've been using the Eggrider until now and while I love the functionality (detailed data logging, programming the motor with my phone, etc), it's not much of a "display" for me. I don't look at the display much when riding (especially since tuning the motor such that I can leave it in one mode for entire rides) so I thought it would be fine. But every now and then, I would like to glance down and check my speed or battery level, or verify which PAS I'm in if I do change...and Eggrider just isn't very usable for that. I'm old enough now to need reading glasses just a little bit and that print is TINY. And when wearing polarized sunglasses (of which all mine are) if my head is cocked just wrong the display disappears completely.

So I do think I'll give the 500C a try. I can always slap on the Eggrider temporarily for "test rides" to evaluate tuning, etc, when I want to datalog. What I'd really like is Eggrider functionality in a 500C body. It's a bit disappointing to see the displays from Innotrace are based on the Eggrider body. If I ever upgraded to one of their controllers, it looks like to have a display with the latest/greatest capabilities, you'll have one with the same basic problems as the Eggrider. It looks like they made the print for speed a little bigger but....

Found my answer, you long press the "+" button to toggle lights. This was a good, short video going over the controls.
How did you figure out the Advanced Settings password is 1919 ? I have an Innotrace X2 display and I want to open the Advanced Settings but it is locked by password and I do not know the password, Innotrace does not respond unfortunately.

1677089775238.png

1677089789207.png

I tried the code 1919 with my Innotrace X2 display and it does not give me access to advanced settings. Any ideas how to figure this out?

I found the code, it is 1657

Back