My experience with my new Vado 4.0 (2020)

@Sierratim: Thanks for the direction on the through axle replacements for the Burley hitch. We have Burley hitches on the Trek SC +7 and the Electra TC 8i but would like to pull my grandkids behind the Vado’s as well. Pulling the trailers up hills with ebikes is a breeze, much more stable too. FYI, I also liked the crimson color, it is more of a dark brick or cherry wood color vs. a bright red. Also wanted something different than the flat black on the SC. Appreciate the help. Maybe I’ll see you sometime out on the trail.

Looks like Burley offers replacement Burley Thru Axles that will work on the Vado. The Vado uses a 12x148mm rear axle with 1.0 threads. This page also offers a sizing template to be sure you order the correct length and thread type.

The Robert Axle Project also offers thru axles with trailer adapters for a number of brands. If Burley isn't in their pull down menu, email them. I've found their customer service to be very responsive. @Stefan Mikes reported similar helpfulness when he needed a replacement axle.

BTW - love your bike color. Rocket red is the fasterest color!
@Sierratim: Thank you for this information. I ordered two of the Robert Axle Project thru axles and two Burley steel hitches to connect a Burley D"lite trailer to my wife's Vado 5.0 or to my Vado 4.0. I like the way the Robert Axle Project website confirms the ebike and the type of trailer you are connecting to it. It looks like a simple swap out.

Back