My Aspen +

Everlong

Region
Canada
Finally got my aspen+ and had some time to ride it. I was a little hesitant right after the purchase, before it arrived but all is well, almost ;)

1. Why dont these bikes have an ignition off/battery locked mode??? Like when you go shopping and chain it, do i need to take by battery with me?
2. Both of my C7 controllers(original one and unlocked one) do not turn on, unless i press the button on the battery that shows green leds/level. Is that normal? They "blink" for a split second and screen goes off.

I think thats about it for now ;)
Thanks

IMG_20210525_202214.jpg
IMG_20210525_202243.jpg
IMG_20210525_202231.jpg

None of these bikes that use the Das-Kit motor and the Reention battery have any "ignition switch". Obviously the battery is physically locked to the frame with a key, but a passerby could theoretically turn on the battery and the controller. If you look at the post below you will note that Bitmugger has created an ignition switch and alarm and is planning to post a thread on what he did.
https://electricbikereview.com/foru...m-500w-48v-moscow-plus-29er.32699/post-424641.
The battery does have to be turned on before powering up the display.

do not turn on, unless i press the button on the battery that shows green leds/level. Is that normal?

This is normal operation and cannot be changed.

Like when you go shopping and chain it, do i need to take by battery with me?

You dare to leave it unattended?

If you really must take that chance, leaving the battery on the bike also allows the thief to ride away happy with it.

Finally got my aspen+ and had some time to ride it. I was a little hesitant right after the purchase, before it arrived but all is well, almost ;)

1. Why dont these bikes have an ignition off/battery locked mode??? Like when you go shopping and chain it, do i need to take by battery with me?
2. Both of my C7 controllers(original one and unlocked one) do not turn on, unless i press the button on the battery that shows green leds/level. Is that normal? They "blink" for a split second and screen goes off.

I think thats about it for now ;)
Thanks

View attachment 88566View attachment 88568View attachment 88567
I'm looking for a decent rear rack for my Aspen plus. Can you tell me where you got yours please? It looks very solid. Thanks

Back