My 2 year report

chunk

Region
USA
Well, I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I bought my inexpensive ebike, sort of a test to see if I would use it much. Well, I'm still having a blast on it, and other than 2 punctured tubes, and a taller riser on the stem, it's needed nothing other than chain maintenance and brake adjustments. Basic tinkering. It gave me a chance to put an ebike tool box together with the tools and other odds and ends I needed, that's always fun too. I'm super impressed with the Bafang motor and the battery pack, great range, especially since I mostly ride on PAS #1 and use the gears to keep up my speed and cadence. It has a throttle too which I find really useful to get out of a hole when pointed uphill and in the wrong gear, and being a motorcycle guy, a throttle is a prerequisite for me😁. I'm in need of new tires soon before too long, so I'm looking for a decent replacement set for those now. In short, ebikes are fun and useful. I'm sold on them.

Well, I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I bought my inexpensive ebike, sort of a test to see if I would use it much. Well, I'm still having a blast on it, and other than 2 punctured tubes, and a taller riser on the stem, it's needed nothing other than chain maintenance and brake adjustments. Basic tinkering. It gave me a chance to put an ebike tool box together with the tools and other odds and ends I needed, that's always fun too. I'm super impressed with the Bafang motor and the battery pack, great range, especially since I mostly ride on PAS #1 and use the gears to keep up my speed and cadence. It has a throttle too which I find really useful to get out of a hole when pointed uphill and in the wrong gear, and being a motorcycle guy, a throttle is a prerequisite for me😁. I'm in need of new tires soon before too long, so I'm looking for a decent replacement set for those now. In short, ebikes are fun and useful. I'm sold on them.

Lemme guess. Lectric XP?

Lemme guess. Lectric XP?
Nope, a no name Amazon special. Just a collection of decent parts, Bafang motor, Sony cells in the battery, 4 amp charger, Shimano shifter bits, etc. I wanted all easily obtainable parts with none of the proprietary parts some bikes use, just in case. I broke a caliper on a rock and had a choice of many to replace it with, very reasonably priced. All very generic.
Metakoo E-bike.jpg
IMG_20210512_123041311_HDR.jpg

no name or not, looks like a fun ride! any idea how many miles you have on it?

from the pic, i'm guessing soCal?

I'm in need of new tires soon before too long, so I'm looking for a decent replacement set for those now. In short, ebikes are fun and useful. I'm sold on them.
I've had good luck with these Kenda... and when they have a coupon code you can get them for $50/pair delivered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back