MTX Bag adapter for CCS

FYI I’ve got an MTX disc brake rack on my original Cross Current. They didn’t come with a rack or fenders back when I bought mine.

FYI I’ve got an MTX disc brake rack on my original Cross Current. They didn’t come with a rack or fenders back when I bought mine.

Dunbar,

Can you post a picture and give the specific rack name you bought. The Topeak has 18 MTX racks on there site. I wish I would have take a picture of the first Topeak Super Tourist DX (DISC) (W/O Spring) rack I got so to warn others not to get that one for the CCS. (It's not adjustable and sits about 100mm off the fender at a weird angle and the bag was hitting my seat. The braze-on's are so high on the CCS that we (the shop and I) decided that the CCS probably doesn't need the DISC option. So we sent it back and now we are waiting on a UNI Super Tourist (NON-DISC) to see how it works. I'm pretty happy with my 3D print mod. I rode today about 25 miles with no problem but I'm worried that the layers will delaminate over time.

Jacob

Not sure which model it is. My bike shop gave me a deal on one they had without the mount hardware. I’m using the disc caliper mount on the NDS which isn’t ideal but hasn’t caused any real issues for me. I know that the newer bikes have different mount points for the rack but mounting options were limited on the early bikes. Also, Topeak sells longer rails to allow the rack to be pushed back farther from the seat if needed.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Last edited:
There aren’t any bosses on my top tube. But I don’t think it would fit a bottle if there were. It’s a medium frame.

Back