mtb's in Bend, Oregon

newfydog

My wife and I are long time mountain bikers in Oregon. We just picked up a pair of the Motobecane HAL ebikes, and are enthralled with how much fun they are. We already do much of our riding outside of the official single-track trail system here, and we have all sorts of legal ebike mountain biking available. We are on Google Earth every night now, planning adventures .....

I also am a long time mtb'r but have found myself without single track out the door so roads are my source of fun for now and I find myself doing the same thing down here in the PDX Google Earthing but more to explore the back roads which there are plenty of amazingly close to the city. From today's ride.
5CD34681-AE45-41B5-9F2B-DFC2BF2878C1.jpg

My wife and I are long time mountain bikers in Oregon. We just picked up a pair of the Motobecane HAL ebikes, and are enthralled with how much fun they are. We already do much of our riding outside of the official single-track trail system here, and we have all sorts of legal ebike mountain biking available. We are on Google Earth every night now, planning adventures .....

newfydog-Those are some really beautiful ebikes head to toe (seen for $3500.00 US online)! How do you like the new Shimano E8000 motor. Does it have enough power @ 250 watts? Looks like the Diamondback Ranger is very similar but currently unavailable in the US. Congrats on your new purchase! Ride safe!;)

Last edited:
I guess you haven't had any pushback from the traditional mtb crowd? I'm retired and ride during the week to prevent any confrontations locally, but on-line, those guys are rabid about electric assist mountain bikes on their trails. I made the mistake ONCE about asking for advice and listing my bike on a traditional site. You'd have thought I was a mass murderer the responses I got back. You're in a comfort zone here though, WELCOME!

Meh what are they gonna do? Idk how you can take a guy clad head to toe in spandex as intimidating.

I bike through Forest Park and up and down the Willamette every day on my commute and haven't heard any negative remarks.

I guess you haven't had any pushback from the traditional mtb crowd? I'm retired and ride during the week to prevent any confrontations locally, but on-line, those guys are rabid about electric assist mountain bikes on their trails. I made the mistake ONCE about asking for advice and listing my bike on a traditional site. You'd have thought I was a mass murderer the responses I got back. You're in a comfort zone here though, WELCOME!

We have so much riding we have no need to overlap with them. My wife did poach one of their trails on a cold rainy day just out of principle. Actually we prefer to leave the famous and crowded Bend single tracks to the Strava heads. and downhill shuttlers, and ride the double tracks and the renegade single tracks the dirt bikers put in.

newfydog-Those are some really beautiful ebikes head to toe (seen for $3500.00 US online)! How do you like the new Shimano E8000 motor. Does it have enough power @ 250 watts? Looks like the Diamondback Ranger is very similar but currently unavailable in the US. Congrats on your new purchase! Ride safe!;)

The Shimano Steps is so tuned to your input torque that it rides totally naturally. It has power to spare---I seldom use the boost mode because it is hard to handle that much umph.

Back