Moving from Vado SL EQ to Creo 2

I have a Turbo Vado SL 4.0 EQ that I want to ditch in favor of a Creo because I can't get used to the flat bars (and I've been trying for over two years). I use the bike mainly for commuting in a hilly city. How much of the Vado EQ can I cannibalize if I get an alloy Creo? How can I determine if the rack, fender and light from the Vado are compatible with the Creo frame and controller? I'm looking to keep them wired to the internal battery so that I don't need to turn them on and off manually, and I specifically want an aluminium Creo so that it can bear the weight of the rack and panniers.

The other thing I'll miss is the remote. The buttons on the Creo 2, while an improvement over the downtube-only controls in the original Creo, seem way more uncomfortable than with the Vado. I've seen people succesfully wiring a Di2 brifter, but considering that the Creo E5 comes with all SRAM components I think the switch to Di2 would be costly. Is it viable to get the eTaps version of the left brifter that comes with the bike and wire it to the controller like you would a Di2? I can't tell if the switches in the brifter can be wired or if they're wireless only.
Perhpas you wrote this and I missed it, but why don't you just changed the handlebars to find some that work for you? I changed my Vado SL handlebars - took a couple tries but finally got what I need.

The other thing I'll miss is the remote. The buttons on the Creo 2, while an improvement over the downtube-only controls in the original Creo, seem way more uncomfortable than with the Vado.
This is true. The Creo buttons suck. They are way too chunky and don't fit nicely anywhere. The electronic shifters are perfect. They should have piggybacked on that system or made them equally slim.
The +/- shifter on the full size Vado is super slim and also a great solution with the haptic feedback.

Agree with BikeON. If drops are the only issue, could you try a conversion?

Back