Mount Juiced Horn on RipCurrent S. Where?

AlRay

I am trying to find a good place to mount a Juiced horn on my RCS. There is room at the top of the steer stem on the CCS but not enough space on the RCS.
Any novel ideas out there? What do you do with all of the extra horn button wire? Wrap it around the handlebar... looks a bit messy.
If I mount the horn on the handlebar of the RCS, the mini USB charge port is more open to rain damage.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_1388.jpg
    IMG_1388.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 578
Here is how I mounted it on the CCX. Faces downwards but should still work.

I merged the wire in with the other wires and put a zip tie around them to make it "flow".

Attachments

• horn.jpg
    horn.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 605
Hi Brian. Thanks for the reply. Clean looking mount. My only concern may be water access to the USB plug hole.
The RCS unfortunately has a very short handlebar stem, leaving no room for the horn clamp. Juiced should include a modified horn mount to fit the RCS.

Is this an integrated horn that plugs into the stock wiring on a CCS? My CCS came with a bell. I'd love a horn to get cars attention. As for the RCS you could always get a longer stem to give you space for the mount.

Is this an integrated horn that plugs into the stock wiring on a CCS? My CCS came with a bell. I'd love a horn to get cars attention. As for the RCS you could always get a longer stem to give you space for the mount.
Hi Chris. I will likely get the longer stem, as you say. The horn is quite loud so should suit your needs.
I am also looking into the Jones riser handlebar for a more comfortable hand position. https://www.jonesbikes.com/jones-sg-2-5-aluminum-loop-h-bar/

I have the Jones Hbar and love it on my CCS. Sadly the cable for the derailleur on my new CCX isn't long enough to make it work for now. At some point I may lengthen the cable to make it work. Not sure if I want learn and tackle that myself or not. but I love the Jones bars.

Andy

I have the Jones Hbar and love it on my CCS. Sadly the cable for the derailleur on my new CCX isn't long enough to make it work for now. At some point I may lengthen the cable to make it work. Not sure if I want learn and tackle that myself or not. but I love the Jones bars.

Andy
Thanks for the reply Andy. Good to hear you like the Jones bar. The reviews seem to be very positive. Putting on a longer derailleur cable should not be too challenging. Park tools video clearly detailing how to do this.

Thanks for the reply Andy. Good to hear you like the Jones bar. The reviews seem to be very positive. Putting on a longer derailleur cable should not be too challenging. Park tools video clearly detailing how to do this.

I got it sorted. You were right not to bad.

Back