Motor runs but rear wheel doesn't engage, need help.

Berto2000

Region
USA
Looking for help with my 750 watt motor. It turns on and makes sounds like it wanting to work but rear hub or rim won't turn. Need help..

presume it's geared, probably decided to run backwards or clutch has failed.
Swap two phase wires, see if that fixes it

Ya I heard a noise and thought something fell out of my backpack so I stopped and went back to look and didn't see anything. Anyway I went to leave and started pedaling and had no assistance from the motor. No noise or engagement. Battery and electronics where still at a full charge. So I got it home and disconnected the cable to the motor and reset the electronics, the motor started again making noise like it was running but the rim wasn't turning at all. And the rear tire where the hub is won't turn in reverse where as it used to. So I'm thinking possibly a magnet came loose and Jammed the the hub inside.

I attached a video

Attachments

• 20231019_123747.jpg
    20231019_123747.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 86
Maybe the planetary gears melted, jammed, and prevent the wheel from spinning backwards. If you hear the motor rev up and down with throttle. that is probably what happened. Some motors come apart easily, and sometimes they sell the gears.

Ya i can still pedal it without power but is a heavy bike so pedaling isn't the easiest. It has power and motor is accelerating but the wheel or rim is not..lol yup time to tear apart

Back