Moscow plus display on a regular Moscow

lankox

Does anybody know if it is possible to use the Das-Kit Display Module C7 on a non-plus Moscow? I see that Leon Cycle sells the C7 display but I'm not sure about the detached controller/keypad? Also, the Das-Kit Display Module C7 is a five wire display versus a three wire. I assume the extra wire is for the rear brake motor inhibitor so I'm not sure if it is OK to have that wire free and not used. The buttons on the L7 display seem too far removed from the left thumb to use comfortably.

HI, yes the C7 display should work.The extra cable would be to inhibit the motor with the other brake lever, just tape the end up. Fit the button pad near the left hand brake lever. This pad is easier to use than the L7 display. Lots of people are using the C7 Off Road Kit from Leon Cycles in Australia. We are limited to 15.6mph and a 250w motor with no throttle in the UK, you may not have them restrictions.

I cannot believe the price that they appear to be elsewhere and I am not even convinced that they all have the same connector. I can confirm that the one I got from Leon Cycles AU was a straight (plug & play) swap and was delivered nice and quickly. I am pretty sure that if you contact them directly they will ship to USA but it's probably worth making sure that there is nothing else you want to order from them at the moment just to save on shipping. If you have any dramas let me know and I can order another and ship it on to you.

Did replacing the stock display with the C7 change the max speed of your Moscow? Any additional parameters that can be changed with the new display? Thanks.

Did replacing the stock display with the C7 change the max speed of your Moscow? Any additional parameters that can be changed with the new display? Thanks.

No change in speed and no additional parameters. I should add that I'm in the US.

There is a whole thread (https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/ncm-moscow-plus-throttle.33675/) where this is discussed. Essentially it depends on which version of the display you use and which country you were in to begin with. There are versions of the display that will allow the general torque and acceleration to be improved and will permit an increase to theoretical maximum speed of 45km/h (28mph) but most people's experience is that it tops out around 32km/h (20mph) especially with a 250W motor and the 15 amp controller. It seems that 22mph is about the most you can get from an EU spec Moscow but the US ones should manage about 25mph.

I cannot believe the price that they appear to be elsewhere and I am not even convinced that they all have the same connector. I can confirm that the one I got from Leon Cycles AU was a straight (plug & play) swap and was delivered nice and quickly. I am pretty sure that if you contact them directly they will ship to USA but it's probably worth making sure that there is nothing else you want to order from them at the moment just to save on shipping. If you have any dramas let me know and I can order another and ship it on to you.

Leon Cycles AU will not ship to the US according to their FAQ. I reached out to Leon Cycles US but they cannot help. If you are still willing to order and ship I would be interested in knowing the price. Thanks!

Back