Moscow Plus 29 inch recommendations

Silvercat

Hi,
First, thanks for your very informative video reviews. They were a major reason why I chose to buy a 29 inch Moscow Plus ebike.
To be helpful to others, I suggest the following:

1) Be very careful regarding size of bike. I am 6’2.5” tall, 220 pounds and thought the 29 inch would be more than suitable. I have an approximate 34.5 inch inseam. Well, the 29 inch is satisfactory, but I cannot raise the seat to the so-called ideal leg extension angle, as that would result in great difficulty reaching the ground with my toes. I guess that would hold true despite one’s bike size and height, etc. That is, I have heard and read where the proper leg extension means having a slight leg angle when placing the ball of your foot on the pedal, with that pedal at the lowest position. Perhaps that recommendation needs modification.

2) As many have said, the water bottle holder SHOULD have been placed several inches forward on the top bar. A huge error by the manufacturer!

3) Regarding a mirror...thanks to a suggestion by a fellow member, the Meachow mirror is exceptional. Installation requires moving the display control, shift control, and brake lever control approximately one half inch to the tight (towards centre of handle bar). Be very careful to position the display control, shift lever, and brake clamps in proper positions to allow for the Meachow mirror to be installed with the mirror arm positioned slightly forward. That will allow sufficient flexibility to position the mirror at an angle conducive to an optimum view of the road. That is especially important for taller folks. I had to re-loosen all the aforementioned brackets and re-align, in order to be able to secure that Meachow mirror at an optimum angle (an angle whereby there is room to adjust the mirror up, down, and sideways). Be patient and you will be very pleased with the results.
That mirror (due to its long arm) extends from the end of the handlebar grip (that is, the position of the mirror glass starts from the grip end). That is a much better option than having to modify the Moscow Plus grips...why bother cut into the very nice grips...makes zero sense to me!
I believe that Meachow mirror would work on most ebikes. All you need is about one half inch of handlebar space. Fantastic design. Seems very sturdy as well.

Happy riding all!! Especially to all the great ‘cat people’ out there!
Go Dodgers Go!!

Hi,
First, thanks for your very informative video reviews. They were a major reason why I chose to buy a 29 inch Moscow Plus ebike.

1) Be very careful regarding size of bike. I am 6’2.5” tall, 220 pounds and thought the 29 inch would be more than suitable. I have an approximate 34.5 inch inseam. Well, the 29 inch is satisfactory, but I cannot raise the seat to the so-called ideal leg extension angle, as that would result in great difficulty reaching the ground with my toes. I guess that would hold true despite one’s bike size and height, etc. That is, I have heard and read where the proper leg extension means having a slight leg angle when placing the ball of your foot on the pedal, with that pedal at the lowest position. Perhaps that recommendation needs modification.

2) As many have said, the water bottle holder SHOULD have been placed several inches forward on the top bar. A huge error by the manufacturer!

3) Regarding a mirror...thanks to a suggestion by a fellow member, the Meachow mirror is exceptional. Installation requires moving the display control, shift control, and brake lever control approximately one half inch to the tight (towards centre of handle bar). Be very careful to position the display control, shift lever, and brake clamps in proper positions to allow for the Meachow mirror to be installed with the mirror arm positioned slightly forward. That will allow sufficient flexibility to position the mirror at an angle conducive to an optimum view of the road. That is especially important for taller folks. I had to re-loosen all the aforementioned brackets and re-align, in order to be able to secure that Meachow mirror at an optimum angle (an angle whereby there is room to adjust the mirror up, down, and sideways). Be patient and you will be very pleased with the results.
That mirror (due to its long arm) extends from the end of the handlebar grip (that is, the position of the mirror glass starts from the grip end). That is a much better option than having to modify the Moscow Plus grips...why bother cut into the very nice grips...makes zero sense to me!
I believe that Meachow mirror would work on most ebikes. All you need is about one half inch of handlebar space. Fantastic design. Seems very sturdy as well.

Go Dodgers Go!!
I agree about sizing

I am regretting getting the 29" and wish I would have gotten the 27.5" version
I'm 6'2" 245lbs with a 32" inseam and my boys touch the cross bar standing straight up, will try to sell as new, as have not ridden it yet.

For the mirror, I saw one person do this and makes lots of sense, instead of mounting the mirror above the handle, I have it below the handles and I don't need to move anything.

Once snow melts I will try it out, but seems to work ok

I agree about sizing

I am regretting getting the 29" and wish I would have gotten the 27.5" version
I'm 6'2" 245lbs with a 32" inseam and my boys touch the cross bar standing straight up, will try to sell as new, as have not ridden it yet.

For the mirror, I saw one person do this and makes lots of sense, instead of mounting the mirror above the handle, I have it below the handles and I don't need to move anything.

Once snow melts I will try it out, but seems to work ok

Hi, I've the 29 and think its great, bottle holder best moved behind the seat post.
bike.jpg

Its no wonder the old 26" bikes held on so long,I am 6'1" plus and a 26" Cruiser works fine for me, I usually take a 32" inseam.

Hi,

Go Dodgers Go!!
I agree with you about the ideal seat height for pedalling- downright scary when you come to a stop! The compromise is to bend a little more at the knee, so one doesn't tip over at the intersection. I'm considering getting a drop seat, but they're wicked pricey, and with this bike would have to be externally controlled.
p.s. I'm one of those cat people, my Munch just thinks he's a dog.

Back