More aggressive tires for Ultimate C380+?

newts

Region
USA
So the Schwalbe "Energizer" (??) tires are fine for commuting. But on weekends I like to do rail trails with some gravel, etc. Compared to the Vado 4 tires that went over gravel much better these seem to kick the rocks to the side or the wheel will jump a little. I would like to get something a little more aggressive like the Vado. Some years ago I had some MTB tires that also had a solid bead in the middle so for street riding it had good wear and noise features but the sides had a lot of grippy bits.

I was looking at the Schwalbe G-One Overland. Is that a good choice for commuting during the week and some rail trails on the weekend?

What specifically do you recommend (link to the right size for the Gazelle would be nice)

1666055779482.png

Schwalbe Marathon GT 365? I bought them as winter tires for this season - they are marketed as all-year-any-weather, but probably too aggressive for commuting on good surfaces.

Schwalbe Marathon GT 365? I bought them as winter tires for this season - they are marketed as all-year-any-weather, but probably too aggressive for commuting on good surfaces.
I will look into these next season. I have about 2600 miles now and the tires are still good.

got these on our tandem and they do well on gravel.
they also have these more of a combo tire.

I changed the tires on my Velotric Thunder 1 ST last month for the same reason. Just needed a little more grip for trying out dirt tracks. Nothing too crazy, as this isn't really designed to be a mountain bike and I'm not that aggressive a rider at this stage in my life.

Anyway, found these Rene Herse tires that are pretty nice.

Not cheap, but they have decent grip for dirt and gravel and are still pretty smooth and quiet on pavement. I just got the Standard version.

This looks like a nice tire. Would be curious about how comfortable and quiet they are.

I would love to up the OEM 50-622 to a 55-622 to run tire pressure a little lower.

This looks like a nice tire. Would be curious about how comfortable and quiet they are.

I would love to up the OEM 50-622 to a 55-622 to run tire pressure a little lower.

They are pretty nice. Noise for sure is much more noticeable over the stock Energizer+ when riding on roads and bike lanes. Otherwise I have no complains at all. Usually I put them on bike sometimes in Nivevmber and ride till April or so.

Stock tires on 380+ are 47mm. GT 365 I got are 50mm and clearance near the cranks is just few mm each side. So, if you tires are knobby you might not be able to fit 55mm to c380+.

Back