Momentum Transend on Gravel

Ludrus

Has anyone done much riding with the Momentum Transend on gravel? I want to go on a 40 mile ride that has about 15 miles of gravel. I’ve riden on gravel briefly and it seemed to handle it okay but I was wondering if anyone has done any longer rides.

I don’t own a Transend I’m just curious do you ride on gravel/unpaved paths with the tires that came with the bike or swap them out for a pair of gravel tires or mtb tires?

I have ridden a lot of bikes and did a group ride today up a mountain. I have not ridden the Momentum Transend. What I can add is that the Al fork is too ridged. For gravel you would like a steel or compliant carbon fork so your filling don't shake loose.

I have ridden a lot of bikes and did a group ride today up a mountain. I have not ridden the Momentum Transend. What I can add is that the Al fork is too ridged. For gravel you would like a steel or compliant carbon fork so your filling don't shake loose.

The ride would definitely be better with a suspension fork and I’ll probably add one someday but not sure if I’ll have time before this ride. I’m more worried about the handling than the comfort but I know 16 miles on gravel is a lot compared to just short rides.

Gravel guys don't care about ride comfort. The worse is better for them. No suspension. Fast on pavement, in love with damaged gravel and dirt. Just my 2 Polish Grosz 😂

Back