Mission Control App - Turbo Vado Solution Now Available

Display: 40022923

Hardware: A.2.0

Firmware: 13.4.0

Motor: 7.1.1

750 miles and nary a problem using OEM display or app via Iphone 10.
I have the same specs. Only difference my display is TCU 5.019. It was working fine for me before the recent update. I use BLEvo predominantly. Periodically I check MC against the display for accuracy. Back to BLEvo. No issues there.

Friends,

Help me. MC has been working with my Vado until today. Now, the Bluetooth pairing is lost and I cannot connect again. WAT DO?!

Arrrrgh! Now, I am irritated. I took my Android 9 tablet and connected/paired the MC with my Vado. The Android 10 smartphone cannot pair with the Vado anymore... It paired once.

Last edited:
If you added any new apps to your phone, remove them. Charge your phone if it's below 50 %. Turn your phone completely off. Power it down and it let it sit 10 minutes or so.
Power back up and retry. Good luck .

If you added any new apps to your phone, remove them. Charge your phone if it's below 50 %. Turn your phone completely off. Power it down and it let it sit 10 minutes or so.
Power back up and retry. Good luck .
Sounds like a how to cook recipe. J.K. Geez. Good luck? More like Good riddance. It had me ready to chuck my phone across the parking lot.

Arrrrgh! Now, I am irritated. I took my Android 9 tablet and connected/paired the MC with my Vado. The Android 10 smartphone cannot pair with the Vado anymore... It paired once.
Sorry Stefan, I forgot to mention that location must be turned on in your phone to connect and the bike can only be paired with a few devices at once, so if you paired something else ... music service, other phones, tablets, or such... you should unpair them before trying to reconnect. You should not need the pairing code again according to Specialized FAQ.

Well, it was not paired to anything else, the GPS was on, and what's the most important, it was working before!
I give up. Can do the settings for the day from the tablet...

Well, it was not paired to anything else, the GPS was on, and what's the most important, it was working before!
I give up. Can do the settings for the day from the tablet...
Sorry this happened. You might remember that I made some nasty joke about being unpaid beta testers for Specialized. But using the tablet might be nice b/c of big screen for mapy. Take battery extender for the tablet if you have one.

Here are my parameters:
TCU
5.019​
Display
Hardware: A.2.0​
Firmware: 13.4.0​
Motor
Firmware: 5.0.7​
Battery
Hardware: 2.0​
Firmware: 7.3.4​

Here are my parameters:
TCU
5.019​
Display
Hardware: A.2.0​
Firmware: 13.4.0​
Motor
Firmware: 5.0.7​
Battery
Hardware: 2.0​
Firmware: 7.3.4​
Seems the Motor Firmware might be incompatible with BLEvo.
I did notice later with MC, although the screen was off, it was recording data same as it being on. So, if I hadn't restarted my phone the ride would of kept recording. I just would not of been aware of it. Screen off! So, apparently, technically, MC works even when it seemingly doesn't.

Nice to know the Mission Control App has a fix. I have a Vado 6.0 which I totally love. I’m hesitant to get the app fix just in case there are more issues. This bike is an incredible machine and I don’t want to risk anything. Will keep watching the posts. Big thanks to all.
Marci...I own a Vado 6.0 and are experiencing power problems to the motor. I can feel it kicking out and back in when in Sport mode. Have you ever had this problem I’m describing?
Thanks...Tom in Arizona

Marci...I own a Vado 6.0 and are experiencing power problems to the motor. I can feel it kicking out and back in when in Sport mode. Have you ever had this problem I’m describing?
Thanks...Tom in Arizona

Tommy,
That's an interesting problem. I have not experienced the motor acting up in Sport mode. Occasionally in Turbo mode the motor will surge up and down slightly if the bike is in too low of a gear. It's like in Turbo mode the bike wants to be "stressed", with a hill, headwind, or higher gear. When that happens I simply up the gear or go back to Sport mode. Most of my miles are in Sport mode and it cruises along effortless. It only has 4,000 miles (6437 km).
Maybe remove the battery, wipe the contacts, and replace the battery. It's just a guess but it's all I got.
Please post what you find.

Tommy,
That's an interesting problem. I have not experienced the motor acting up in Sport mode. Occasionally in Turbo mode the motor will surge up and down slightly if the bike is in too low of a gear. It's like in Turbo mode the bike wants to be "stressed", with a hill, headwind, or higher gear. When that happens I simply up the gear or go back to Sport mode. Most of my miles are in Sport mode and it cruises along effortless. It only has 4,000 miles (6437 km).
Maybe remove the battery, wipe the contacts, and replace the battery. It's just a guess but it's all I got.
Please post what you find.
Marci….things are now much worse…no power is being sent to the motor? Do I need a new sending unit maybe? There are two dashes (- -) where I would normally see the mph. I tried removing the battery and reinstalling it, but nothing changed.
Any thoughts? Appreciate the help….Tommy

Marci….things are now much worse…no power is being sent to the motor? Do I need a new sending unit maybe? There are two dashes (- -) where I would normally see the mph. I tried removing the battery and reinstalling it, but nothing changed.
Any thoughts? Appreciate the help….Tommy
Oh no Tom!
Could the battery be dying? Do you have the newer Mission Control system or the Bloks system? Maybe the control switch on the handle bars is worn out? Wish I had an easy fix for you.
Either way sounds like a trip to the bike shop is in order.
I will be watching to see what they find.

Oh no Tom!
Could the battery be dying? Do you have the newer Mission Control system or the Bloks system? Maybe the control switch on the handle bars is worn out? Wish I had an easy fix for you.
Either way sounds like a trip to the bike shop is in order.
I will be watching to see what they find.
Thanks Marci, but this bike has less than 3,000 miles on it. I didn’t get the new M C app, it was about $400 as per the dealer. I

Marci…I think you received a partial reply. Anyway, there is only 3,000 miles on this bike. Nothing should be worn out. I don’t have the M C App, it cost $400.00! Still waiting to hear from my Specialized dealer and the warranty?
Take care….Tom

Back