Mirror for NCM Moscow Plus

Silvercat

Hi,
Has anyone removed the very small bolt at the end of the handlebar grips to install a mirror? I have yet to remove that small bolt (allen key needed). Does removing that bolt result in the whole grip coming off? I do not see any end ‘cap’ that would pop off.
I have a Cat Eye 500 mtn bike mirror to install. I do NOT want to cut into the grip or slice off the end of the grip.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Hi Silvercat. If you don't want to modify the grip, and I don't blame you there, then that mirror is not compatible.
I mounted two bar mount Meachow mirrors directly next to the grip. The mounting clamp is very narrow and takes up little room on the bar.

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion. I checked my handlebar and moving the brake bracket, shifter control, and small display control unit away from the grip to allow space to install that mirror bracket, would result in a less than ideal position for the brake and shift levers. Do you also own the Moscow Plus bike?
I could install that mirror bracket close to the gear indicator, which is about 71/2 inches from the end of my Handlebar grip. Essentially, I would have about 3 inches of mirror extending beyond the end of my grip. Maybe that would be sufficient?
Thanks again!

I have had that grip off to mount the Hafny Bar End Bike Mirror on the Moscow and the Prague. The bolt goes into an expander that will enable the grip to come off. What I had to do was modify the mirror, I cut the end of the mirror off so that there was no right angle and grinded it flush, if you look closely at the pic you can see where I used the grinder. I used the longer bolt that came with the mirror and used it to replace the bolt in the grip. It then really took a lot of patience to get it all back together. Once I did one and understood how it worked, the one on the Prague took 5 mins. The grips are Velo, Ergonomic Rubber, Locking you maybe able to find more info on this grip to help you.

Attachments

• Mirror grind.jpg
    Mirror grind.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 622
  • Mirror.jpg
    Mirror.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 566
I have had that grip off to mount the Hafny Bar End Bike Mirror on the Moscow and the Prague. The bolt goes into an expander that will enable the grip to come off. What I had to do was modify the mirror, I cut the end of the mirror off so that there was no right angle and grinded it flush, if you look closely at the pic you can see where I used the grinder. I used the longer bolt that came with the mirror and used it to replace the bolt in the grip. It then really took a lot of patience to get it all back together. Once I did one and understood how it worked, the one on the Prague took 5 mins. The grips are Velo, Ergonomic Rubber, Locking you maybe able to find more info on this grip to help you.
Hi,
Thank you very much. You certainly are very creative! Awesome work you did! I ordered a Meachow handle bar mirror earlier this evening. The specs say that it is one of the ‘longer arm’ mirrors. I am hoping I can either mount on the handle bar towards the middle or move the brake, gear indicator, and display power switch about 1 inch towards the centre to allow for a small space to mount that mirror. That Meachow mirror is approximately 12 inches from mount to end of mirror.
Thanks again!

Hi,
Thank you very much. You certainly are very creative! Awesome work you did! I ordered a Meachow handle bar mirror earlier this evening. The specs say that it is one of the ‘longer arm’ mirrors. I am hoping I can either mount on the handle bar towards the middle or move the brake, gear indicator, and display power switch about 1 inch towards the centre to allow for a small space to mount that mirror. That Meachow mirror is approximately 12 inches from mount to end of mirror.
Thanks again!

It will not require an inch towards the center. I mounted the mirror bracket to the bar tight against the grip. Then I remounted the brake brackets tight against the mirror bracket, with the gear indicator, bell, and the water bottle rack spaced out along the bar. It's really not that crowded.
The Meachow mirrors work great for me. They're very adjustable and vibration-free. I am deaf, so being able to see what's behind me is a must. Good luck and happy riding!

It will not require an inch towards the center. I mounted the mirror bracket to the bar tight against the grip. Then I remounted the brake brackets tight against the mirror bracket, with the gear indicator, bell, and the water bottle rack spaced out along the bar. It's really not that crowded.
The Meachow mirrors work great for me. They're very adjustable and vibration-free. I am deaf, so being able to see what's behind me is a must. Good luck and happy riding!
Hi,
Thank you very much...really appreciated!! I would expect not too much difficulty moving that brake mechanism a bit along the bar. One of my concerns was how moving that brake mechanism would affect my grip to brake reach. But, you say it is not even an inch, so I expect that would be insignificant.
I feel more optimistic now!
All the very best to you...safe riding!!
I expect my mirror to arrive Saturday from Amazon.com. For others who may be interested, although I am in Canada, (BC), ordering from Amazon.com was much cheaper than Amazon.ca. Even with the dollar exchange rate, I am still saving about 50%!!

Hi,
Do you have any tips re moving the brake brackets, gear indicator, control piece for centre display, to the right (towards the middle of the handle bar) to allow space to mount the mirror bracket tight against the left grip? I trust and hope it is just a matter of loosening some hex bolts. I really appreciate your assistance.
Thank you!

I expect my mirror to arrive Saturday from Amazon.com. For others who may be interested, although I am in Canada, (BC), ordering from Amazon.com was much cheaper than Amazon.ca. Even with the dollar exchange rate, I am still saving about 50%!!
That's bananas! I bought that mirror from Amazon.ca last year for $26.99 CAD, and now the same product is $68.72.

That's bananas! I bought that mirror from Amazon.ca last year for $26.99 CAD, and now the same product is $68.72.

Hi,
Yes, completely ridiculous! Amazon.ca....seems so dishonest charging so very much!

Hi,
Do you have any tips re moving the brake brackets, gear indicator, control piece for centre display, to the right (towards the middle of the handle bar) to allow space to mount the mirror bracket tight against the left grip? I trust and hope it is just a matter of loosening some hex bolts. I really appreciate your assistance.
Thank you!

Hi,
Thank you!

All of the assemblies on my bars are clamp style using a hex-head bolt. Loosen them but don't remove the bolt completely. Loose enough to slide along the bar without scratching the surface.
With all of the assemblies now loose and the mirror attached next to the grip, you are now free to position the assemblies in the exact spot that works for you. I prefer the brake levers to have a little more forward tilt than some for example.
The Meachow mirrors are very adjustable with three articulating joints. For the first time set up, snug but don't tighten the hex-bolt joints. For me, it was impossible to get the final adjustment while static. I adjusted them while riding slowly in a bike lane. Finally got them perfect and then tightened down the bolts. There is some slight adjustment in two of the joints, even after tightening. The mirror is designed to fold up if the bike falls over. Very good design.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XSYL6YL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All of the assemblies on my bars are clamp style using a hex-head bolt. Loosen them but don't remove the bolt completely. Loose enough to slide along the bar without scratching the surface.
With all of the assemblies now loose and the mirror attached next to the grip, you are now free to position the assemblies in the exact spot that works for you. I prefer the brake levers to have a little more forward tilt than some for example.
The Meachow mirrors are very adjustable with three articulating joints. For the first time set up, snug but don't tighten the hex-bolt joints. For me, it was impossible to get the final adjustment while static. I adjusted them while riding slowly in a bike lane. Finally got them perfect and then tightened down the bolts. There is some slight adjustment in two of the joints, even after tightening. The mirror is designed to fold up if the bike falls over. Very good design.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XSYL6YL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hi,
THANK YOU...MOST APPRECIATED!! I now feel much more confident re installing the mirror. Sadly, my mirror, ordered from Amazon.com (Amazon.ca wanted almost triple the price!) is not expected to arrive until October. Thanks again for your help!!
Happy and safe riding to you!!

Back