Mini-Swap Front Light?

redhotlava

Hey guys,

Looking for some help and guidance here as far as swapping out the front light to something more powerful.

Any suggestions on the connector type (I have no idea what the connector type is) or anything else that I would have to keep in mind or have to abide by as far as it working with the stock console and electrical system?

As always.... many thanks in advance :)

Have you checked out 1859 Northwest plug-n-play replacement front light for the Radrover?: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Not sure how much you are looking to spend for a replacement light? I added a handlebar extender and use a battery operated light. I wanted something that blinked during my work commutes for extra safety.

Have you checked out 1859 Northwest plug-n-play replacement front light for the Radrover?: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Not sure how much you are looking to spend for a replacement light? I added a handlebar extender and use a battery operated light. I wanted something that blinked during my work commutes for extra safety.

No, but I'll check it out if it's direct swap. I don't know what the connector type is called or what I should be looking for if I simply want to plug a light into the stock connection to work.

Thanks again.

The 1859 Northwest light's claim of plug and play is only for it's voltage and current. It has spade connectors that do not match the Rad factory connector, some customizing would have to be done.

Is there a name for our connector type? Something to use for searching for an aftermarket products?

Is there a name for our connector type? Something to use for searching for an aftermarket products?

I don't know what the connector is, but I think I'm just going to abandon this idea for now, from their response, unless someone can chime in with other experiences or options that work. I emailed them yesterday and the following was part of their response:

"The front wires are fairly low current, so it would be unlikely you'd find a plug-in that's brighter. This could also potentially damage the controller in certain circumstances (which would not be warranty covered), so I would recommend getting a brighter handlebar mounted headlight.

I would recommend the Trustfire TR-D017 headlight or any other headlight that has an accessory battery pack that can be charged via USB. You can run the cable directly into the USB port on the side of the LCD display!

You can purchase an after-market headlight that would connect to the 48v output the current headlight is using but we cannot recommend any specific third-party upgrades as a representative of the manufacturer. However, feel free to direct your question to the unofficial Rad Power Bikes Owner's Group on Facebook. The community is very active and often can provide great recommendations for modification projects! "

I'm just going to go with an external handlebar mount for now and keep researching.

The connector is called a Higo and is available from eBike Technologies out of Germany and this way you can solder on the connector and keep the stock waterproof look

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Last edited:
The connector is called a Higo and is available from eBike Technologies out of Germany and this way you can solder on the connector and keep the stock waterproof look

Thanks. Are you saying solder on as in splicing onto a new light without the connection?
And are there lights on the market with this connection that you're aware of? I'll do some research tonight, I just cannot right now as I'm leaving work, thanks again for the reply.,

Back