Mid drives vs Hub drives ???

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
Stefan, imagine an a vehicle powerEd by electric motor which are known torque monsters and how little transmission is needed..Oh here is one example, maybe you heard of them? :)

transmission
Featured snippet from the web
Teslas use electric motors that have two moving parts, and single-speed “transmissions” that have no gears. The company says its drivetrain has about 17 moving parts compared with about 200 in a conventional internal combustion drivetrain. The Tesla system is virtually maintenance-free.

on my Trek , they say it can go up any hilll, but they don’t say how slow you are going or how fast you have to clown pedal to get any speed
The day this Forum becomes Electric Motorbike Review, I will agree :)

Mine is 11-46t, yet of course you are right. I meant the rider of mid-drive motor e-bike co-works with the motor through the drive-train while it doesn't happen with the hub-drive one. Now take Yamaha PW-X2 motor with 85 Nm torque motor and ride it in 36-51t gear: you get 120 Nm torque at the rear wheel and you don't need either 750 or 1000 W to achieve that.

Now, fancy (if it were doable) an ICE car with the engine connected by internal gears directly to the rear axle. No proper transmission, no gear-box. That's the geared hub drive motor e-bike for you.

Back