Mercedes ebike

Not my cup of tea. Spec sheet relative to price point is a bit off. But I must admit, it is a good looking bike that will get folks attention.

I've just bought this year's model the formula e team bike in black I like the fact it has a belt drive & variable transmission plus they are great looking bikes!

BMW put out a very snazzy looking Class 1, at a fair price ($3200). But when you try to get any info on it from BMW dealers, they don't know what you are talking about. Not a clue. So if you buy one of these luxury car branded ebikes, you are all on your own. Don't expect them to be able to tell you anything, and I would not expect parts or service from the dealer. I imagine, though I could be wrong, that the same will hold for Mercedes. It is best, I think, to buy a bike from a bike manufacturer. After all, you wouldn't buy an automobile from Schwinn or Specialized or Giant, would you?

But, Mkj, I hope it turns out to be your perfect ebike and you can prove me wrong. We all fall in love with whatever ebike we get.

BMW put out a very snazzy looking Class 1, at a fair price ($3200). But when you try to get any info on it from BMW dealers, they don't know what you are talking about. Not a clue. So if you buy one of these luxury car branded ebikes, you are all on your own. Don't expect them to be able to tell you anything, and I would not expect parts or service from the dealer. I imagine, though I could be wrong, that the same will hold for Mercedes. It is best, I think, to buy a bike from a bike manufacturer. After all, you wouldn't buy an automobile from Schwinn or Specialized or Giant, would you?

But, Mkj, I hope it turns out to be your perfect ebike and you can prove me wrong. We all fall in love with whatever ebike we get.
Actually they have been very good so far any questions I've asked they have answered & I've been told if there are issues with the bike there are plenty of service centres avalible I'm looking forward to receiving the bike & enjoying a ride.

Actually they have been very good so far any questions I've asked they have answered & I've been told if there are issues with the bike there are plenty of service centres avalible I'm looking forward to receiving the bike & enjoying a ride.
I put a deposit on the 2 wheel drive Champioship Edition. Did you get an ETA?

I put a deposit on the 2 wheel drive Champioship Edition. Did you get an ETA?
Hi July/August I was told the championship edition was only being sold in Germany due to the laws on ebike speeds being different in the UK

The thing that bothers me the most about bikes like these is that they can’t be customized to fit the rider. The stem, handlebars and seat post all appear to be specific to that bike.

I wanted to use my Yamaha Cross Core as a flat bar gravel bike. The Yamaha was easily upgraded and optimized for fit and comfort.

It looks like Mercedes thinks that they know best. I have a news flash for them. Cyclists love to make changes, whether they are needed or not. I am glad that Yamaha made a bike that I could add a Cane Creek eeSilk seat post, Salsa Deluxe Bend handlebars and Red Shift stem to.

@Djangodog funny you should mention that because I think I might have the most mod sick eBike in history and i want a bike to share when people visit. Something that I won’t be tempted to mod :)

I'll give you that the seat tube is different, but other aspects of the frame (internal battery in the downtube, the entire rear triangle) look the same. And the battery in the downtube is identical. For me, the officially licensed stickers and the enviolo don't justify the price increase.
I keep to put a bigger motor in a bigger battery and it and they would have a huge success

Translated from:

N+ and Mercedes Benz request 2020

At the beginning of 2020, the Australian manufacturer N+ Bikes, the licensee of Mercedes Benz, approached ASFALT. They are looking for a suitable e-bike to go on sale under the license of the Mercedes Benz EQ Formula E team. The first negotiations were positive. On request, ASFALT produced a prototype with a luminous Mercedes logo analogous to the original design and sent it to Australia. The plan was that this prototype would be presented to some invited guests as part of the Formula 1 Grand Prix in Melbourne. As part of the cooperation, it was agreed that ASFALT should take over the distribution for Europe. However, due to the corona pandemic, the race was cancelled and the contact of N+ Bikes was in the sand.

Now the presentation of the N+ Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team eBike and Silver Arrow models followed surprisingly for ASFALT. They look very similar to the LR. Several dealers and owners of an ASFALT LR have contacted the start-up and are surprised. In a press release, ASFALT accuses: "The ASFALT LR model was copied by Mercedes Benz without the knowledge of the ASFALT founders and is now available worldwide, also in Switzerland via local dealers and online for pre-order. This under the license mark "Mercedes-Benz" and without being asked with unreleased original image material from ASFALT. Mercedes Benz and n+ used the original product images of ASFALT online via dealer pages as well as on their own social media channels without permission, partly 1:1 as well as modified with subsequently retouched Mercedes Benz logo. One of the modified product images even shows one of the three ASFALT founders."

Mine arrived the other week & to say I was disappointed is an understatement! Beautiful looking bike but my brake caliper was leaking oil,the spokes on the front wheel were catching the disc brake.

The computer is excellent along with belt drive but besides that very poor quality overall.

I got in touch with nplus who offered me a brand new braking system & 10% off the full price.

I've sent it back & bought myself a Specialized turbo vado 5.0 igh

Mine arrived the other week & to say I was disappointed is an understatement! Beautiful looking bike but my brake caliper was leaking oil,the spokes on the front wheel were catching the disc brake.

The computer is excellent along with belt drive but besides that very poor quality overall.

I got in touch with nplus who offered me a brand new braking system & 10% off the full price.

I've sent it back & bought myself a Specialized turbo vado 5.0 igh
Hi, which model did you order?

Product allocations are extremely limited. To secure an allocation, reserve your bike now.
It is funny how people go for logos. Like the Luis Vuitton bike wrapped in leather, with nutty mechanical brakes as a one-speed.
1663023664697.jpeg

1663023879359.jpeg

i did not buy for the label but it would probably help resell. I expect a reliable long-range commuter. tomjasz don’t you work for manufacture?

Back