Mercedes ebike

1600561451649.png

Nice looking bike but not a particularly impressive spec sheet for $3,200 (add another $1,300 for enviolo)

FORMULA E TEAM EBIKE

36V/250W Mid Drive Torque Sensing Power
25 klm per hour – Bofeili 250 Wh mid-engine
Sturmey Archer 5 Speed Internal Hub / Gates Carbon Drive
60 klm range – 504 Wh battery capacity
Tektro HD-R290 Disc Brakes

Nice looking bike but not a particularly impressive spec sheet for $3,200 (add another $1,300 for enviolo)

FORMULA E TEAM EBIKE

36V/250W Mid Drive Torque Sensing Power
25 klm per hour – Bofeili 250 Wh mid-engine
Sturmey Archer 5 Speed Internal Hub / Gates Carbon Drive
60 klm range – 504 Wh battery capacity
Tektro HD-R290 Disc Brakes
On their more detailed spec list it says it's only a 252Wh battery..
Screenshot_20200920-123346.png

Same frame and motor as the Luna Stealth but with an option for a bigger battery and an IGH with more gears.

Exactly what I see. Also a bad sign that the Silver Arrow version is listed as "Silver Arrows." It's nice Mercedes is interested, but this is pretty cringe-worthy.

On the other hand, McLaren helped develop specific carbon layups for the Specialized Venge a while back and currently sponsor a WorldTour cycling team. It'd be more interesting to see them partner with Specialized, Merida (the WorldTour bike sponsor), or another manufacturer for an ebike. Or just buy a Gocycle, I guess.

Same frame and motor as the Luna Stealth but with an option for a bigger battery and an IGH with more gears.
It's actually not the same frame as the Luna. This one has two batteries with the option of riding with one removed. Then you have a 31lb ebike.

prototype from 2015 that didn't make it to market
Actually some Smart dealers had these along with the Smartfor2. I tried booking a test ride but it became obvious the dealers weren’t interested in selling them. I think they sold off all their inventory to a discounter.

It's actually not the same frame as the Luna. This one has two batteries with the option of riding with one removed. Then you have a 31lb ebike.

I'll give you that the seat tube is different, but other aspects of the frame (internal battery in the downtube, the entire rear triangle) look the same. And the battery in the downtube is identical. For me, the officially licensed stickers and the enviolo don't justify the price increase.

I agree (and I realize this happens a lot in the ebike industry). This new $3,200 n+ Mercedes Benz ebike ($4,500 with upgraded spec) looks surprisingly similar to the Luna Stealth Fixed that has been available for the past 1.5 years (since May 2019) for $1,750 (or $2,000 w/6mo warranty or $2250 w/1 yr). As mentioned by WattsUpDude, n+ Mercedes offers an option for a spec upgrade. I also see a difference in the seat tube diameter. The thicker seat tube of the Mercedes is probably where the optional extra battery capacity is stored. Both are nice looking stealthy ebikes.

n+ Mercedes:
ebike.jpg

Luna Stealth:
Luna_FIXED_1_of_1__60683.1557285395.jpg

I agree (and I realize this happens a lot in the ebike industry). This new $3,200 n+ Mercedes Benz ebike ($4,500 with upgraded spec) looks surprisingly similar to the Luna Stealth Fixed that has been available for the past 1.5 years (since May 2019) for $1,750 (or $2,000 w/6mo warranty or $2250 w/1 yr). As mentioned by WattsUpDude, n+ Mercedes offers an option for a spec upgrade. I also see a difference in the seat tube diameter. The thicker seat tube of the Mercedes is probably where the optional extra battery capacity is stored. Both are nice looking stealthy ebikes.

n+ Mercedes:
ebike.jpg

Luna Stealth:

You're correct, the second battery is in the seat tube and not only is it removeable, you can ride the bike with just the main battery and save 8lbs of weight. I ordered the upgraded Silver Arrow bike. The main differences are the Enviolo CVT hub, raw aluminum frame, and led logo.

Mercedes-E-Bike-Hero-WEB.jpg

Back