Maxed out on PAS 3

Jeffinpa77

I got my XP a few days ago, this is my 2nd ebike. My first is the Ecotric 48V folding 20 inch. As close to an apples to apples comparison as I can get. This XP wants to run at 10 or 11 miles per hour and then PAS 4 and 5 do nothing. PAS 3 is top speed? I want its power spread out all the way to PAS 5. My Ecotric is very liniar in power. So far I love my Ecotric but I can't really say that about the XP. I figure on calling them tomorrow. My controller is locked. The one thing I notice that's very different is the battery power available. The Ecotric is a 13 amp and just seems stronger and lasts much longer.
I just hope Lectric cam correct the power band so that PAS 1 is slower and is responsive all the way up to PAS 5.

Well I talked to someone at Lectric and all I can say is I am very disappointed. I am stuck with this bike unless I want to ship it back at my expense and pay a re-stocking fee.
Best I can suggest to others here is find someone with the 20 inch fat tire folding 48 volt Ecotric which BTW is considerably less money. Give the Ecotric a try.
Ecotric has a "30 day trial" offer right on their main page.

Why don't you just change the chainring diameter? Won't help at the minimum speed, but you can control that with not pedaling. But I have no idea what powertrain that bike has either. Just a suggestion.

I got my XP a few days ago, this is my 2nd ebike. My first is the Ecotric 48V folding 20 inch. As close to an apples to apples comparison as I can get. This XP wants to run at 10 or 11 miles per hour and then PAS 4 and 5 do nothing. PAS 3 is top speed? I want its power spread out all the way to PAS 5. My Ecotric is very liniar in power. So far I love my Ecotric but I can't really say that about the XP. I figure on calling them tomorrow. My controller is locked. The one thing I notice that's very different is the battery power available. The Ecotric is a 13 amp and just seems stronger and lasts much longer.
I just hope Lectric cam correct the power band so that PAS 1 is slower and is responsive all the way up to PAS 5.

Not the experience most people have. PAS5 should take you to 20 mph. I seem to remember PAS 1 or 2 took me to the 10 - 12 mph area.

Did you unlock max speed? Setting P08

Yeah I tried it at 32 and 45.

This Lectric XP dissapoints me more and more. Yesterday My daughter and I were out. I was on the Ecotric and she on the XP. I weigh 230 and she weighs 140. We turned up a paved street that's very steep. I was on PAS 3 slightly peddling with one one hand on the bars. She was in PAS 4 and the Lectric XP could barely get her to the top and she was peddling very hard.
We only had 5 miles on the fulling charged batteries.
I just can't understand how the XP could be so much the lesser bike.
She said the battery meter had dropped way down while trying to climb that hill.
My Ecotric dropped 1 bar.

It nuts and Lectric basically tells me it is what it is. I am very dissapointed considering the Lectric costs more.

I guess I should call them again to explain again just how little power and range the bike has.

I will eventually make a video showing all of the comparing the 2 but I want to make sure the XP battery has been cycled a few times.

This Lectric XP dissapoints me more and more. Yesterday My daughter and I were out. I was on the Ecotric and she on the XP. I weigh 230 and she weighs 140. We turned up a paved street that's very steep. I was on PAS 3 slightly peddling with one one hand on the bars. She was in PAS 4 and the Lectric XP could barely get her to the top and she was peddling very hard.
She said the battery meter had dropped way down while trying to climb that hill.

It nuts and Lectric basically tells me it is what it is. I am very dissapointed considering the Lectric costs more.

I guess I should call them again to explain again just how little power and range the bike has.

I will eventually make a video showing all of the comparing the 2 but I want to make sure the XP battery has been cycled a few times.
I learned that the meter does go down while in use. Once the motor is not in use say a a stop sign the meter goes up. As far as range I could not agree more. I am on my second battery from Lectric thinking it was a damaged cell due to getting pore range. First battery I was getting 6-8 sometimes 10 miles flat paved road 215lbs, second batter same range. My range is a mix of PAS5 and throttle. The folks getting good range must be 150lbs wet.

That's not good, sounds more and more like I spent good money on something that's been hyped up to be a great bike and has so many downfalls.
I am not kidding when I say my 48 volt Ecotric makes the XP look real bad and it costs a good bit less than the XP.

Sounds to me like you might have a bad battery. Also a cold battery will suffer and have less power and range. Not sure that's whats happening here but it really sounds like a dud battery to me.

Sounds to me like you might have a bad battery. Also a cold battery will suffer and have less power and range. Not sure that's whats happening here but it really sounds like a dud battery to me.
I ride 50 degrees or above and I had this battery tested and it is ok. I think it might be the controller, not sure.

That's not good, sounds more and more like I spent good money on something that's been hyped up to be a great bike and has so many downfalls.
I am not kidding when I say my 48 volt Ecotric makes the XP look real bad and it costs a good bit less than the XP.
Just curious, but how much is the Ecotric 48V 500W ebike selling at? I wanted to compare it to the XP.

Just curious, but how much is the Ecotric 48V 500W ebike selling at? I wanted to compare it to the XP.

No Google on your PC?

No Google on your PC?

I do have Google, but I didn't know which website Jeff actually purchased his ebike. There are different prices. Thanks for understanding.

I do have Google, but I didn't know which website Jeff actually purchased his ebike. There are different prices. Thanks for understanding.
I did see you can the same one I got for $789 on Ebay.
I am probably going to end up buying another Exotric, same exact one I already have. The XP was for my wife but she has her share of complaints about it.

This is not typical behavior for an XP. I think you obviously got a lemon. instead of trying to return it, I'd treat it as a warranty issue with Lectric and try to get them to fix it.

I look forward to viewing your comparison video.
This is not typical behavior for an XP. I think you obviously got a lemon. instead of trying to return it, I'd treat it as a warranty issue with Lectric and try to get them to fix it.

Well returning it is not an option.
I sure hope you are right and my second call to Lectric will provide better results.
I will be calling them later today.

Thanks

Back