Maxed out on PAS 3

Well returning it is not an option.
I sure hope you are right and my second call to Lectric will provide better results.
I will be calling them later today.

Thanks
For sure. Keep calling they sent me 3 replacement batteries although that did not fix my issue. I do think they are trying their best to be helpful.

There is definitely a problem somewhere. When I called the 1st time (I think that was last Monday or Tuesday) the technician said the milage the post was under optimal conditions with a 180 lb. Rider in PAS 1. That was to be expected and is surely true for all of these companies. I told him my daughter weighs 140 lbs. And the battery tanked at 10.5 miles.
I didn't get home from work in time to call yesterday.
I will be calling this coming week because they are closed on the weekends.

There is definitely a problem somewhere. When I called the 1st time (I think that was last Monday or Tuesday) the technician said the milage the post was under optimal conditions with a 180 lb. Rider in PAS 1. That was to be expected and is surely true for all of these companies. I told him my daughter weighs 140 lbs. And the battery tanked at 10.5 miles.
I didn't get home from work in time to call yesterday.
I will be calling this coming week because they are closed on the weekends.
Please report back after you speak with them.

I’ve had mine or just over a week and had it out for just over 100 miles of riding over 6 days. I weigh 175 and am riding on slightly hilly terrain, most of it paved but some of it gravel. I’m riding at pedal assist 2 and 3 with light but consistent pedaling. My speeds are 12mph and 16mph respective to those pedal assist modes. My rides have been varied from 13 miles to 22 miles and I’m seeing about what they advertise for range. Which is to say, my longer ride of 22 miles left me with just over 50% charge. Two 13 mile rides over two days, no charge between the rides left me at 50% at 26 miles. Also, I’ve done a bit of pedal assist 4 and throttle only mixed in.

Extrapolating from that were I to ride at throttle only I’d expect to get about 25 miles on a charge. And were I to attempt a 45 to 50 mile ride with peddle assist I think I’d have no problem getting that before losing my battery.

One last thing, I’ve got a couple of semi-steep hills on my gravel road and have had no problem. I’ve taken it up some steeper, longer hills on pavement and shifting down to the 1st or 2nd gear I easily made the top of those hills at about 13mph in peddle assist 2.

Based on their site and reviews I’m really happy with the performance and feel it’s very much in line with their stated specs. All that to say it seems clear that your bike is not operating normally and should be covered by warranty.

Hope you get it resolved because when the bike is functioning as it should it’s a blast to ride!

I’ve had mine or just over a week and had it out for just over 100 miles of riding over 6 days. I weigh 175 and am riding on slightly hilly terrain, most of it paved but some of it gravel. I’m riding at pedal assist 2 and 3 with light but consistent pedaling. My speeds are 12mph and 16mph respective to those pedal assist modes. My rides have been varied from 13 miles to 22 miles and I’m seeing about what they advertise for range. Which is to say, my longer ride of 22 miles left me with just over 50% charge. Two 13 mile rides over two days, no charge between the rides left me at 50% at 26 miles. Also, I’ve done a bit of pedal assist 4 and throttle only mixed in.

Extrapolating from that were I to ride at throttle only I’d expect to get about 25 miles on a charge. And were I to attempt a 45 to 50 mile ride with peddle assist I think I’d have no problem getting that before losing my battery.

One last thing, I’ve got a couple of semi-steep hills on my gravel road and have had no problem. I’ve taken it up some steeper, longer hills on pavement and shifting down to the 1st or 2nd gear I easily made the top of those hills at about 13mph in peddle assist 2.

Based on their site and reviews I’m really happy with the performance and feel it’s very much in line with their stated specs. All that to say it seems clear that your bike is not operating normally and should be covered by warranty.

Hope you get it resolved because when the bike is functioning as it should it’s a blast to ride!

Wow I am very glad you chimed in on this.
Thank you for that.
Your observations are very similar to what I see with my Ecotric but definitely not what I am getting with my Lectric XP.
I will be calling them this coming week after I am home from work.
Thank you!

This is not typical behavior for an XP. I think you obviously got a lemon. instead of trying to return it, I'd treat it as a warranty issue with Lectric and try to get them to fix it.
I agree. I would try to get them to repair it under warranty. They should fix this for you for free because it don't sound like it's operating correctly.

I did see you can the same one I got for $789 on Ebay.
I am probably going to end up buying another Exotric, same exact one I already have. The XP was for my wife but she has her share of complaints about it.
Maybe Lectric will do the right thing and repair the defective bike.

Well I called Lectric again. Luke went over my settings and had me change P11 and P12 to 3. He says changing those to a 3 will improve the bikes power. Now the guy I talked to a week ago said my changing those to a 1 would be the best I can get. I want the bike to need the least rotation in the pedal till it kicks on and I want it to slowly accelerate when the motor does turn on. Seems to me making them a 1 would accomplish that. Luke had me change them to 3's. Dunno but I will try his setting out. I told him how it struggles to get my 140lb. Daughter up a hill while the Ecotric does it with ease.
More to come.

Well I guess I am gonna order another battery. I don't think Lectric is gonna do anything for me. A call done nothing but having me change a couple of settings that I had already tried. If I want more range I will need to carry a second battery. It stinks cuz I ride my Ecotric and she rides the XP. I can ride almost 50% further. I gotta get another battery.
Anyone have one they want to sell me?

Yeah, there’s another thread in the Lectric forum from a couple weeks back, somebody selling our batteries and an extra charger I think.

The Ecotric may not be the prettiest of bikes but it's definately got the most important qualities of and electric bike. It's got power that holds till close to the the end and it's got great range. This is the 48 volt I am referring to.

Back