Math quiz; Who is right?

How about a sample problem? I give the waitress $230 for my $220 check and tell her to keep the change and split it with the other waitress. How much is her tip?

Your a banker,...right?
My idea of hell is being chained to a desk forced to do homework with the ghost of my father continually berating me. Being a banker would be close.

I am semi-retired tax lawyer. Liked it a lot more in the old tax shelter days, creative and transaction oriented. Unfortunately
the practice has evolved to primarily compliance. Probably I would have been happiest as floor trader. I used to be pretty good at lower math with hobbies including cards and gambling.

My idea of hell is being chained to a desk forced to do homework with the ghost of my father continually berating me. Being a banker would be close.

I am semi-retired tax lawyer. Liked it a lot more in the old tax shelter days, creative and transaction oriented. Unfortunately
the practice has evolved to primarily compliance. Probably I would have been happiest as floor trader. I used to be pretty good at lower math with hobbies including cards and gambling.
lotta math involved to be an advantage player, buy luck is still better than skill

My wife is a 5th grade math teacher and she said division comes 1st in order of operations. So, 120 is the correct answer. I have learned over many years she is rarely wrong

How about a sample problem? I give the waitress $230 for my $220 check and tell her to keep the change and split it with the other waitress. How much is her tip?
$10 'cause there weren't any other waitresses, at least that she cared to share with.

Back