Magnum Peak Thread

Are you inputting 8306? That’s the code that works on my Ui6. It’s a bit odd on the input, but works for me.
Are you inputting 8306? That’s the code that works on my Ui6. It’s a bit odd on the input, but works for me.

Hi FIG,
Thanks for responding to my request for help with this. I'm still waiting for any constructive response from Magnum.

Yes, I've input 8036 many times and I've tried 8088 etc. I've seen that stuff on YouTube. And, NO! this simply will not give me any access for any changes to the Magnum Peak (Das-Kit C-7 display).

Last edited:
Thanks Dana. Good to have you in the club! Enjoy!
I'm 62, btw, as a point of reference. Love my Peak

Thanks for the welcome Kurt, I'm 71 and will be 72 at the end of next month, as a point of reference, as you might say. I sometimes wish I was as fierce a rider in the mountains here and elsewhere as I was before knee replacement and revisions and the time required off bikes for that therapy.
I had been a century rider and mountain biker through my 30s ,40s, and 50s. We have what we wake up with each day, and I'm going to work this bike in the hills near my home and whack it some on the rail trails as well. This Peak has impressive power.

I took a fast ride to my sister's place an back home 12.5 miles this morning 2 miles on dirt and loose gravel the whole distance hilly with not much voltage drop over all. Pretty good bike. Needs a bottle cage big time.

Btw, I also have the 29". At one point I thought I should swap it

BB, I may post this in the other section as well. My question is, do you think it's overkill to have the spring loaded seat post plus a new seat like cloud 9?
I tried the cloud 9 spring loaded seat but it was too soft and wide. the "bikeroo most comfortable bike seat for men" is perfect for me (with the Suntour suspension post).

Hi FIG,
Thanks for responding to my request for help with this. I'm still waiting for any constructive response from Magnum.

Yes, I've input 8036 many times and I've tried 8088 etc. I've seen that stuff on YouTube. And, NO! this simply will not give me any access for any changes to the Magnum Peak (Das-Kit C-7 display).

So far no one seems to be addressing the C-7 Display. Somewhere there are C-7 displays on other bikes?
This may be another case of a company putting out untried hardware for the customer to troubleshoot and sort through problems. I did not think Magnum would do this.
@wattsup, the code is 8306 (not 8036 - maybe you just had a typo in your message) - works fine for my Peak C-7 display.

Hi I'm Glenn from New Zealand and a newbie.
I bought a Peak Magnum 29er at Easter this year. I am very pleased with it. I use it for my work commute 25km (12 miles) each way most days. Have racked up around 3000km (1800 miles) and I am really enjoying it. Its my first E-Bike and it has given me a riding bug. Last weekend went for a bit of a ride 70 kms (around 40 miles) and had plenty of battery left to do another 30 kms at least. I had the setting on economy and was on level 2, averaging 25 kmph / 15mph. I just wanted to see what sort of distance I could do on it. I am on flats and limestone paths and roads. I try to vary the commute so do High speed some days which really hits the battery so end up charging at work to be safe. Being my first e bike and not really being a cyclist before I really love my Peak.

I had the sore butt for a while but time in the saddle has fixed this. No need for upgrade.

One thing I did notice with the speedo, just following the comments in this post, it is out by about 10%. I bought a Fitbit a couple of months ago, and have this linked to my phone for GPS, and the GPS Average speed and speeds when moving is about 10% faster. Distance traveled by GPS is greater than the what the bike reads as well.

What I am looking to do is put a different tire on, more of a road tire because I'm on roads and limestone paths. I don't know where to start though. Has anyone got some ideas?
I am having Maxxis Hookworm WC 29 x 2.5 tires put on my Peak this week. I rode them on another Peak and they definitely work better for road use. I don't use the bike off road enough to take advantage of the original Schwalbe Smart Sam tires (though they don't do too badly on roads, except when leaning into sharper turns).

None of the current known codes will work for my C-7.
I got a lot of help sorting out the kph to mph change for the Das-Kit C-7 display. My LBS dealer, referred me to the field tech who referred me to the corporate tech.

The answer is to hold down the + key for about 10 seconds, this will flash the kph/mph indication on display, use the (+) or (-) to change, then press set. Done.
I'm pleased. It's good that I'm retired with time to chase this conundrum and bring it to the ground. This may help others coming down the road with this small problem.

Even with this I am still unable to change Power Levels.

Last edited:
Yep. My wife has the cruiser and loves it.

That cruiser looks very cool. IMHO.
Hi Fig,

Thanks for the reply. 8306 code does not work on this particular display on this bike. The other 2 "common codes" will not work either.

Dana

Has anyone used a rack on a Peak other than the Magnum proprietary rack? Those are currently on back order at the company.

These racks seem to be unavailable elsewhere.

Last edited:
Has anyone used a rack on a Peak other than the Magnum proprietary rack? Those are currently on back order at the company.

These racks seem to be unavailable elsewhere.
Hi! Yes, bought this rack, a Yakama, for about $200. It attaches easily to pretty much any car. And it's heavy duty and rests on the bumper. I had researched prior to buying the Peak, and determined that I could not do the standard trailer hitch type rack on my car. (I also don't know what the magnum proprietary rack is ). This works great though. I transported by bike all over and it is secure.

Attachments

• IMG_0443.JPG
    IMG_0443.JPG
    835.8 KB · Views: 630
Hi again Kurt, It's Dana here.

I apparently have Two Different named accounts on the Forum here. I am also Wattsup. I don't know how this has happened BUT. . .

I wanted to say that I have gotten the code problem with my Peak's display sorted out and with help from the dealer, company support, and other magic the bike is totally working and big fun all around. This is a good machine!

I also wanted to mention that I have gotten a rear rack for the bike (I'm not referring to a rack for the car to put the bike on for transport, for that I have a sturdy KUAT trailer hitch mounted rack). Magnum got the rear racks (on bike) back in stock for the bikes (fits a number of their models) I'm using a 36 year old rack trunk on there and an Ortlieb single market style water proof pannier on that for grocery stops.
I've also put on a long travel Thudbuster that is a great addition.
Hope you are riding a lot and enjoying it plenty.

Last edited:
Hi. I have a fairly new Magnum Peak. Very pleased so far, but finding surprisingly little on this forum regarding them. Just looking for other Peak owners to share and compare thoughts and experiences with the product.
How long you had it?
How is the power working for you?
How is your battery life? How many miles are you getting?
What's been your riding experience with them thus far?
What PAS mode do you typically run in?
Any major mechanical issues?
How do you like it on trails? Road?
Thanks,

Hi Kurt, New log in name, I have lots of trouble using this forum. Typing in a message is very glitchy. Got over 200 mi. on my peak. It's working great. PAS mode mostly 1. No issues now I've got the display sorted. can get 70 miles on full charge or more. Had it for over a month. Plenty of power.

New Thread: Has anyone tried to upgrade the fork on a Magnum Peak? I'd like an air shock setup on the front at some point.

Hi Kurt, New log in name, I have lots of trouble using this forum. Typing in a message is very glitchy. Got over 200 mi. on my peak. It's working great. PAS mode mostly 1. No issues now I've got the display sorted. can get 70 miles on full charge or more. Had it for over a month. Plenty of power.
Hey Dana. Sorry for the late response. I do appreciate you getting back though as there simply aren't that many Magnum Peak owners that have participated in this forum.
Since I've gotten my bike, I've changed a little in my riding habits. The very beginning, I was all about conserving battery power and riding at a very low level, and sometimes with the electric completely off. I never did find out how much range I have though. But more recently, with my rides under 15 miles, I tend to be in level two or three often. Just having fun and enjoying the power. The bike in general has been terrific. No issues for me.
Love everything about it. And very happy with my decision to make it a mountain ebike. Like I've said elsewhere, I feel like i go pretty much anywhere I want. Road or trail.
That's about it for now. Please stay in touch Dana and enjoy your rides!

Hey Dana. Sorry for the late response. I do appreciate you getting back though as there simply aren't that many Magnum Peak owners that have participated in this forum.
Since I've gotten my bike, I've changed a little in my riding habits. The very beginning, I was all about conserving battery power and riding at a very low level, and sometimes with the electric completely off. I never did find out how much range I have though. But more recently, with my rides under 15 miles, I tend to be in level two or three often. Just having fun and enjoying the power. The bike in general has been terrific. No issues for me.
Love everything about it. And very happy with my decision to make it a mountain ebike. Like I've said elsewhere, I feel like i go pretty much anywhere I want. Road or trail.
That's about it for now. Please stay in touch Dana and enjoy your rides!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Kurt, Interesting in that I've followed a similar route of riding style change. Like you, I tend to use more assist now and ride faster. Also like you, in the beginning the battery power seemed precious never having had assist on my own bike before. That said, once I was up on the fantastic Pine Creek Rail Trail an hour north of my home and I decided to take it to eleven, so to speak. I went up in the gears to highest and assist level to 6.
The trail was empty as it was dusk. I found myself blasting up the trail at between 24 and 26 MPH and not overworking the cranks either. Its a very good well maintained surface DSA (driving surface aggregate) material, all parent rock limestone, no soil component, but no coarse chunks and well packed . That was eating up the distance. An amazing power in that bike when you call it up with your pedal input on top of it.

I would not go that fast on that trail with other riders present, ever. As of the present, pedalec bikes are accepted on rail trails in Pennsylvania, we want to keep it that way.

Some time I'd like an air fork on this Peak as I find it bottoms relatively frequently with the stock spring only setup on the off road stuff I frequently ride.

Bike running strong no issues.

Likewise, Please keep in touch here, as you've said there are only a couple of us here on the forum it seems.

Dana

PS the model of my Kuat car bike rack is Sherpa (discontinued) heavy duty.

i am actually upgrading my peak fork as we speak. my choice has been rockshox im still deciding on the final model i want but any tapered shock should do it. just make sure the fork is not to short

Hi I'm Glenn from New Zealand and a newbie.
I bought a Peak Magnum 29er at Easter this year. I am very pleased with it. I use it for my work commute 25km (12 miles) each way most days. Have racked up around 3000km (1800 miles) and I am really enjoying it. Its my first E-Bike and it has given me a riding bug. Last weekend went for a bit of a ride 70 kms (around 40 miles) and had plenty of battery left to do another 30 kms at least. I had the setting on economy and was on level 2, averaging 25 kmph / 15mph. I just wanted to see what sort of distance I could do on it. I am on flats and limestone paths and roads. I try to vary the commute so do High speed some days which really hits the battery so end up charging at work to be safe. Being my first e bike and not really being a cyclist before I really love my Peak.

I had the sore butt for a while but time in the saddle has fixed this. No need for upgrade.

One thing I did notice with the speedo, just following the comments in this post, it is out by about 10%. I bought a Fitbit a couple of months ago, and have this linked to my phone for GPS, and the GPS Average speed and speeds when moving is about 10% faster. Distance traveled by GPS is greater than the what the bike reads as well.

What I am looking to do is put a different tire on, more of a road tire because I'm on roads and limestone paths. I don't know where to start though. Has anyone got some ideas?

Hi

I'm also in NZ Wellington, I got myself a peak it's a 27.5 rather than 29er put some Schwalbe land cruiser tyres on and have to say they have been great for on the road but also pretty good off road, plus they are puncture resistant. only complaint is the spray back off the tyre into my face in the wet so I'll probably fit a mud guard at some point.

Hi All

Got myself a Magnum peak 3 month ago and have been really enjoying it, have used the car very little in that time. I'm based in Wellington New Zealand ride 20km into work then back pretty flat but we do get some crazy wind here that feels like a hill but the bike pushes through nicely and I find myself getting into work faster than in the car. Full power assist 6 all the way sees me average 38kmph now rideing on Schwalbe land cruisers, great multi purpose tyre.

I have had a couple of issues interested on any feedback

Took the bike up a muddy trail was a 400m fairly steep climb so assist 6 and pushed up in easiest gear without issue then the downhill through a stream to finish, it handled really well however the next day my speedo had stopped working and although I had power the bike would shut down into power save mode. Dropped it back to the shop and they said the motor had burnt out due to high wattage and taken out the speedo sensor, it was replaced under warrenty. They then went on to tell me that NZ hills are steeper than USA hills and I should limit the power and the terrain as bike wasn't designed for that terrain etc etc which we then had a small diagreement of course, from what I can see on the Magnum site and reviews the bike should be able to handlt this, shouldn't the motor have cut out if there was too much power? what if I sat on the throttle can it not handle that? see pics, any thoughts

Got that sorted and then the week after I was commuting to work and got caught in some rain, got into work to find the battery wouldn't switch off and the light were flashing. I removed from the bike took it into the office for the day when I rode home the bike kept on switching off and wouldn't stay on. I charged it, still won't switch off so a new one is onway under warrenty. Does make me question whether the bike can handle rain, I suspect water got in via the switch which doesn't look that water tight or I have a faulty component. Anyone had this problem? shop did say they hadn't seen it before.

Cheers Mike

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 657
Back