Magnum Bikes Canada

Oh, good. With the winter coming I wouldn't want a bike until January anyway. Thanks for the help, I was just having a bit of fun with you, I have no desire to own a Amego.

Ahh a wise guy here! Good call. This is exactly why it always pays to do your research. Love to see the challenge every now and then. Keeps those guys in check and on their toes. Have fun with your Amego...I mean your Magnum.:p

Yes it has arrived. Magnum bikes is in Canada and i would like to start by introducing myself.

My name is Mike and i am the head technician for Canada. If any of you have questions or issues feel free to post in this thread or call me directly at our store Epic Cycles Canada. I am proud to be part of the team and currently riding a peak daily. after just over a month of ownership I am close to 1,700kms on my new peak. View attachment 21792

Hi Mike- Great website and signage. Any word on the Magnum Future (Navigator or Voyager or Payload) with the integrated batteries and the Dapu mid-drives. Will they become available anytime soon in the US or Canada?? The rep at Interbike indicated April 2018. Looks like some nice features with a throttle on a mid-drive. Sweet!

Last edited:
Hi Mike- Great website and signage. Any word on the Magnum Future (Navigator or Voyager or Payload) with the integrated batteries and the Dapu mid-drives. Will they become available anytime soon in the US or Canada. The rep at Interbike had indicated April 2018. Looks like some nice features with a throttle on a mid-drive. Sweet!

Having watched the September 2018 interbike video on YouTube I felt compelled to check in with Magnum about the 2019 upgrades they spoke of for the cruiser. Particularly the 750 watt motor they referred to since I was on the verge of buying one.

Well their response was kind of a lot of abada abada abada.... we're not sure what changes are going to be implemented so forth and so on. And I noticed that the previous year interbike video showed a lot of things that never came to be in the 2018 lineup.
I'm totally happy with my cruiser at 500 watts but I think a lot of what is put together for the show is in fact there to create Buzz but not necessarily to go into production.

Having watched the September 2018 interbike video on YouTube I felt compelled to check in with Magnum about the 2019 upgrades they spoke of for the cruiser. Particularly the 750 watt motor they referred to since I was on the verge of buying one.

Well their response was kind of a lot of abada abada abada.... we're not sure what changes are going to be implemented so forth and so on. And I noticed that the previous year interbike video showed a lot of things that never came to be in the 2018 lineup.
I'm totally happy with my cruiser at 500 watts but I think a lot of what is put together for the show is in fact there to create Buzz but not necessarily to go into production.

Thanks for the heads up! I kinda had that impression after not seeing anything introduced after the show considering they thought the new models would be released by April of 2018. Creating that kind of buzz is sometimes not very good for business IMO.

Its completely fine i enjoy being questioned about our bikes. We love our bikes and are very passionate about the brand (we do have some new models in the works) but we also pride ourselves on our ability to fix our bikes no matter where in canada you may be. And b.c is a great place to ride. I actually lived in alberta for a number of years the biking in the rockies is amazing.

Hi Mike- Just curious if you agree with Chris Hammond's comment in the thread below regarding class 3 top speed on the Metro?

Magnum Metro top speed

I've never tried out a Magnum Metro but in my experience what Chris says is generally true. Motors are engineered/wound for a certain torque/rpm profile but you can use that to your advantage. For example I have no need or desire to go fast but I want a torque monster for climbing the steep hills were I reside. I don't want to get into band bashing but I was recently reading a thread discussing this subject and found many class 3 bikes come no where near the limit yet others once the top speed is changed on the display easily exceed the limit. I would prefer to buy a bike that can't make 28 mph on the hope it's been set up and geared more for torque than speed. I hope I've explained myself.

Thanks for the heads up! I kinda had that impression after not seeing anything introduced after the show considering they thought the new models would be released by April of 2018. Creating that kind of buzz is sometimes not very good for business IMO.
Well I think a lot of that is put out there to gauge interest. You don't want to start coming out with a lot of expensive changes if the dealer network doesn't jump up for it. Total Vapor ware I think is something different. and I can only comment on my local dealer here in Denver but they are really great. If Magnum is careful about their dealers and I'm sure they are you will be nothing but happy :)

the metro/metro+ has undergone a few changes for 2019 but they are already out. they now have trigger throttles and a newer style Shimano crank set

Hey Mike,

I bought a Magnum Cruiser from your Ottawa Canada distributor. After delivery, I noticed the www.magnumbikes.co.il stencil. That's ok, but the motor is to European specifications @ 250 Watts, not the Canadian and American spec of 500 watts for the Cruiser. I checked against the Das-Kit web site; it is indeed a smaller motor, not just electronically detuned 500 watt.

The local bike tech managed to change the computer to allow for Canadian speed specs. That can't be good for the motor. The motor is now pretty loud and angry @ 30 kmh and above.

Two e-mails to Utah and 2 to my local distributor has resulted in no response. I can provide pictures.

What do you think?

Metro plus shipped to NC?? Price point
Hi Mike, I'm glad I found you. I posted awhile ago "I love my Magnum+, but". Have you seen it? Besides the handlebars and rack. I'm wondering if I can lower the speed on my 1st pas. I don't need that much assistance in the lowest setting.
I still haven't figured out the trip mileage. When I'm finished a ride, I don't know how far I've gone in total. Can I change it so I get a total mileage instead of each leg of the trip?
Otherwise, I love my bike.

Yes it has arrived. Magnum bikes is in Canada and i would like to start by introducing myself.

My name is Mike and i am the head technician for Canada. If any of you have questions or issues feel free to post in this thread or call me directly at our store Epic Cycles Canada. I am proud to be part of the team and currently riding a peak daily. after just over a month of ownership I am close to 1,700kms on my new peak. View attachment 21792
I'm glad you are inviting members to relay their issues. I actually have some unfinished business with Epic Cycles since I bought my Magnum Metro+ in October of last year.

As soon as my new bicycle was delivered, I proceeded to unpack and assemble it. The first thing I noticed was that the rubber flap on the rear fender was curved backwards.

I immediately contacted Barry Nisan from Epic Cycles, sent him pictures and was told I would receive a replacement. After a month or so, not having heard back from him, I sent another email to which he replied a replacement flap would be sent our as soon as one became available.

After three months waiting, I decided to contact them again. This time there was no reply.

This of course makes me question their customer service and warranty. A rubber flap is probably a couple of dollars, but this is a reflection on the company. If it takes at least four months to get a rubber flap replaced, I wonder what would happen if I needed a controller, a battery or some other key component.

This may be an isolated incident. I hope so, but this is my story and my issue with an otherwise great bike and service.

Attachments

• rubber flap.jpg
    rubber flap.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 550
You Actually cannot get the same bike for less money. the amego bikes cut a lot of corners and equip their bikes with lower end components like the cheaper throttles cheaper displays and cheaper components like V-brakes for example. magnum doesn't cut corners like v brakes on a e-bike is dangerous. magnum bikes are better equipped for almost the same dollar value.
thanks for the input im glad to be able to shed some light on this topic actually.

I'm in BC do you ship out here?
If you're in the lierr
The v-brakes i was making referance to the amego freedom vs. magnum classic. The display i have not met a single person that prefers the cheap L7 display over the center mounted C7 with the standalone remote and the amego uses a cheap plastic thumb throttle as magnum uses a trigger and pad throttle which is a lot more comfortable to use when riding and you dont need to excessivly extend the thumb either. Also the magnum seats are a selle royal gel padded seat. And step through frame disign has been proven to be amazing but i mean the magnum metro was only on the EBR editors choice for what 2 years straight? I mean the amego elevate is also only available in what one frame size? And it has way lower end components. Sorry id rather pay the extra $200 and buy the better bike.... Oh wait i did. And its done a flawless 8,409kms so far this year.
Hey Mike, we really appreciate your input, but please don't be rude. Thanks.

Has anyone had any luck in getting the Magnum PF front bike rack in Canada?
Epic had told me they had it on order and kept extending the ETA.
They text me yesterday to say they didn’t receive it in their order and likely won’t get it till end of summer! [ it’s only may]
Epic said I should try order it directly from the Magnum website.
Of course they don’t ship to Canada

I'm glad you are inviting members to relay their issues. I actually have some unfinished business with Epic Cycles since I bought my Magnum Metro+ in October of last year.

As soon as my new bicycle was delivered, I proceeded to unpack and assemble it. The first thing I noticed was that the rubber flap on the rear fender was curved backwards.

I immediately contacted Barry Nisan from Epic Cycles, sent him pictures and was told I would receive a replacement. After a month or so, not having heard back from him, I sent another email to which he replied a replacement flap would be sent our as soon as one became available.

After three months waiting, I decided to contact them again. This time there was no reply.

This of course makes me question their customer service and warranty. A rubber flap is probably a couple of dollars, but this is a reflection on the company. If it takes at least four months to get a rubber flap replaced, I wonder what would happen if I needed a controller, a battery or some other key component.

This may be an isolated incident. I hope so, but this is my story and my issue with an otherwise great bike and service.
This is one of the many reasons I chose to leave epic cycles. Their customer service at the woodbridge location is subpar and they don't treat customers very well. And they send defective products out on the road and won't deal with safety issues head on. Some of these issues which could have cost someone their lives.

Back