Magnum Bikes Canada

Epic Mike

Yes it has arrived. Magnum bikes is in Canada and i would like to start by introducing myself.

My name is Mike and i am the head technician for Canada. If any of you have questions or issues feel free to post in this thread or call me directly at our store Epic Cycles Canada. I am proud to be part of the team and currently riding a peak daily. after just over a month of ownership I am close to 1,700kms on my new peak.
epic cycles.jpg

Well we only ship within Canada for anything south of the border you would have to reach put to magnum USA.
How ever Canada wide shipping is free.

You Actually cannot get the same bike for less money. the amego bikes cut a lot of corners and equip their bikes with lower end components like the cheaper throttles cheaper displays and cheaper components like V-brakes for example. magnum doesn't cut corners like v brakes on a e-bike is dangerous. magnum bikes are better equipped for almost the same dollar value.
thanks for the input im glad to be able to shed some light on this topic actually.

The brakes on the Amego Infinite are hydraulic discs, I actually prefer the Amego display, how is the throttle different? Please explain how they're cutting corners on components. And the tires on the Amego are Better all for $200 less. Thanks for your feedback though I think you're talking about a different bike.

The v-brakes i was making referance to the amego freedom vs. magnum classic. The display i have not met a single person that prefers the cheap L7 display over the center mounted C7 with the standalone remote and the amego uses a cheap plastic thumb throttle as magnum uses a trigger and pad throttle which is a lot more comfortable to use when riding and you dont need to excessivly extend the thumb either. Also the magnum seats are a selle royal gel padded seat. And step through frame disign has been proven to be amazing but i mean the magnum metro was only on the EBR editors choice for what 2 years straight? I mean the amego elevate is also only available in what one frame size? And it has way lower end components. Sorry id rather pay the extra $200 and buy the better bike.... Oh wait i did. And its done a flawless 8,409kms so far this year.

Your website shows the Metro with an L7 display, Schwalbe Maratathon tires, and RST hydraulic fork is that wrong then?

Yes actually we do free shipping across Canada and are building our dealer network in B.C currently as well.

Yes actually we do free shipping across Canada and are building our dealer network in B.C currently as well.

Oh, good. With the winter coming I wouldn't want a bike until January anyway. Thanks for the help, I was just having a bit of fun with you, I have no desire to own a Amego.

Its completely fine i enjoy being questioned about our bikes. We love our bikes and are very passionate about the brand (we do have some new models in the works) but we also pride ourselves on our ability to fix our bikes no matter where in canada you may be. And b.c is a great place to ride. I actually lived in alberta for a number of years the biking in the rockies is amazing.

Its completely fine i enjoy being questioned about our bikes. We love our bikes and are very passionate about the brand (we do have some new models in the works) but we also pride ourselves on our ability to fix our bikes no matter where in canada you may be. And b.c is a great place to ride. I actually lived in alberta for a number of years the biking in the rockies is amazing.

I live close to a great Rail Trail and get a lot of riding in. EBikes are selling like crazy here, lots of new dealers, you should get a dealer here, I'm in Kelowna.

Thats interesting im actually working with a dealer in kelowna hes looking at taking on pur bikes this spring he was checking us out at interbike. But our bikes are on the road in kelowna currently as well.

Is there a Canadian website for pricing? I can only seem to find the US one. I am close to Toronto in Milton

I live close to a great Rail Trail and get a lot of riding in. EBikes are selling like crazy here, lots of new dealers, you should get a dealer here, I'm in Kelowna.

The store we are in is kelowna E rides if you want to check it out.

The store we are in is kelowna E rides if you want to check it out.

Oh good, I'll go and check them out, I've bought bikes there and I know Darren the owner. I actually live in a small town 50kms from Kelowna called Vernon. Darren said he's going to open up a store here so that would be cool. Kelowna E Rides is a great store that's a good move for you. Thanks

What do you know about possible changes coming up for 2019? I'm mostly interested in the Metro/Metro+

Do they have your bikes in stock in Kelowna? Thanks.

Back