M620 Bare motor Canbus identification???

mxer

Region
United Kingdom
Hi members.

Over the past few months Bafangs new m620 Canbus motor has caused some discussions and got me thinking/panicking. What if my UART ever had a problem down the line, would I be able to replace like for like parts?

I really like my Uart programmable motor and decided I better buy another while I can!!

I've purchased a second hand bare motor brand new stock on eBay as an impulse buy.

Trouble is how can you tell if it's Uart or Canbus when it's just a bare motor?..

does anyone have a confirmed Canbus bare motor to hand and check the connections to see if they are totally different?.

Some pics would be great.

Here's some pictures of the new Bafang m620/g510 spare motor I purchased recently.

Fingers crossed it's Uart!!. Can anyone confirm?

Many thanks in advance 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20210821_094441.jpg
    IMG_20210821_094441.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Thats the same as my bare bones motor and my motor is Uart

Attachments

• 0807211455a.jpg
    0807211455a.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 313
Hi members.

Over the past few months Bafangs new m620 Canbus motor has caused some discussions and got me thinking/panicking. What if my UART ever had a problem down the line, would I be able to replace like for like parts?

I really like my Uart programmable motor and decided I better buy another while I can!!

I've purchased a second hand bare motor brand new stock on eBay as an impulse buy.

Trouble is how can you tell if it's Uart or Canbus when it's just a bare motor?..

does anyone have a confirmed Canbus bare motor to hand and check the connections to see if they are totally different?.

Here's some pictures of the new Bafang m620/g510 spare motor I purchased recently.

Many thanks in advance 😊
If I were you.. just as important as finding out which controller you have, I would make sure that it works before throwing it up on a shelf.

Thanks guys 👍. Very good point there's good evidence it is brand new never fitted but you never know.
While my original motor is running so good I'm reluctant to remove it to test? I bought it cheap (ISH) so I think it's got my worth of spares if it is faulty either way.

The dent maybe the light??

Attachments

• IMG_20210821_094447.jpg
    IMG_20210821_094447.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 262
Thanks guys 👍. Very good point there's good evidence it is brand new never fitted but you never know.
While my original motor is running so good I'm reluctant to remove it to test? I bought it cheap (ISH) so I think it's got my worth of spares if it is faulty either way.

The dent maybe the light??
yeah looks good now!

Be Lucky you snagged one, this guy was not so lucky! If he had the original motor this would have turned out perfect but this new Bafang optimum factory setting seems awful and very unresponsive wth?

Thanks that was a good watch, I'm sceptical Bafang will do anything in the future towards programming.

My lead came today, can I just plug it in and run it? Do I need the magnet speed sensor plugged in to, I forgot to order one 😭

My lead came today, can I just plug it in and run it? Do I need the magnet speed sensor plugged in to, I forgot to order one 😭
Thats a good question, when i tested my motor a had the speed sensor connected so im not sure, it may move enough for you to know it works but its probably going to throw an error with no speed sensor connected.

How is your project working out?

Hi members.

Many thanks in advance 😊
Bafang Ultra M620 "CANbus" Settings from factory not Programable ? Wheel size = 28" I need 29" ? Max speed = 37MPH , I need Max speed = 20 MPH ?
How can I change them?

The only way to tell UART from CANbus .
UART ,the power cord that plugs into the display is, Green 5 pin 1/4" ROUND .
CANbus , Plug is Green shaped Triangle .
The 2 ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE !!!

Thats the same as my bare bones motor and my motor is Uart
I received the "CANbus" M620 Motor & DPC-18.C1.2 Display.
Here is the Difference ; 1st. the power cord connector from the Motor to the display is a Green Triangular plug in ,Not Green 1/4" round plug in!
2nd.the DPC-18.C1.2 has some Settings that can be changed,
But Wheel size is set at 28" and Max Speed is set at 37mph. They are listed in "Information" (can not be Changed) !
I need Wheel size of 29" ,No can do,
I need Max speed of 20mph , can't change !

I will send a picture of the new connector shortly.

Attachments

• Setting.jpg
    Setting.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 185
  • Display setting.jpg
    Display setting.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Information.jpg
    Information.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 175
New connector = CANbus & old Connectors= UART

Attachments