M2S ALLTERRAIN Report

I’ve been away so have not ridden my M2S lately but I have 300 miles on it so far and it’s been nothing but fun . With what I have learned from this bike and this forum I think I would do a Bafang mid drive kit on my Surly Pugs or Karate Monkey but still very pleased with this bike and this brand .
I have a 1000 watt mid-drive from luna cycle,I like it but a few things to think about,the mid drive is hard on chains and chainrings also everything on derailers,there is a lot of force on these parts so expect maintence.I ride mine about 20 miles a day in the summer and love it.One concern is I broke a chain pretty far from home and only option was to push it.With hub motor I could have just throttled home or if motor had problem I could have pedaled home,so you have 2 sorces of power,only 1 on mid drive.just something to think about.I ordered me a m2s all terrain,so I can go either way.

With hub drive, if all else fails you can turn it into a regular bicycle (swap the rear wheel etc...) It will be an expensive and heavy :D but still functional.

I have a 1000 watt mid-drive from luna cycle,I like it but a few things to think about,the mid drive is hard on chains and chainrings also everything on derailers,there is a lot of force on these parts so expect maintence.I ride mine about 20 miles a day in the summer and love it.One concern is I broke a chain pretty far from home and only option was to push it.With hub motor I could have just throttled home or if motor had problem I could have pedaled home,so you have 2 sorces of power,only 1 on mid drive.just something to think about.I ordered me a m2s all terrain,so I can go either way.
Good to know thanks. Just did my first winter ride on my M2S on the local snomobile trails . So much fun . Just enough power to push through he soft surface and pedal without working so hard that it’s no fun. Still loving my ALLTERRAIN!

Hey M2S owners with 750R,

Can you describe how the bike powers on and off and whether you need to push an additional button on the battery or do you have to turn the key to power the bike? I don't know the battery details of the M2S.

To begin ride:
  • Do you push a button on the display and go?
  • Do you have to push a button on the battery, AND the display to go?
  • Do you have to use a key to turn on the battery?
  • Do you have to leave the key in the battery while riding?

After ride:
  • Do you just push a button on the display to turn off?
  • Do you have to turn off the display and the battery?
  • Do you need a key to do any of the above?
  • Can you leave the battery on and it will shut off by itself?
Any additional details helpful, ie what is your ritual or button sequence before you start riding.

Thank you!

The key is to secure the battery to the frame only. On the left bar is a 3 button controller, with a +, - and power. Hold the power for a few seconds turns it on and off.

Thanks, I can't get any of their tutorial videos to work, can't play VIMEO and non of their tutorial videos are no Youtube, oh well.

Headcase, so basically even if the bike is locked to a bike rack... strangers can turn on the bike?

There's no way to keep the bike from powering ON except for removing the battery?

As far as I can tell, unless I'm missing something. There is a button on the battery but when you push it it just lights up a small led charge indicator.

Back