Luna X2 Bafang Clutch Failed

IOUZIP

Region
USA
I have had the X2 for about 2 months and last month the Bafang M600 clutch failed when riding over a techy section of trail and the pedal slipped. I ride in Florida so nothing crazy. The bike Luna X2 has 120 miles on it and is NON Ludi M600 Bafang. I opened a ticket with Luna but wanted to post the video of the slipping pedal. Had to remove the motor and ship it back to Luna for repair under warranty. I had to pay for the shipping back to Luna.

Reactions: rtp
Thx for sharing the video. I think have seen at least one other posting on FB.
In the video, you’re kind of slamming down hard on the pedals - is it grabbing under light load and slipping under higher force only, or ?

I am sitting when hitting the pedal. Nothing that should allow the slip. Throttle and light pedaling does not slip. I have an X1 and the pedal does not slip on that motor.

Last edited:
Reactions: rtp
I have had the X2 for about 2 months and last month the Bafang M600 clutch failed when riding over a techy section of trail and the pedal slipped. I ride in Florida so nothing crazy. The bike Luna X2 has 120 miles on it and is NON Ludi M600 Bafang. I opened a ticket with Luna but wanted to post the video of the slipping pedal. Had to remove the motor and ship it back to Luna for repair under warranty. I had to pay for the shipping back to Luna.

After you fixed it, did it ever happen again? I almost ordered My Ludi v2 with steel gears, I Kind of wish I had. But I worried steel at high RPMs would increase the heat, so I stuck with plastic gears. I'm kinda surprised LUNA doesn't offer a DYNAMO Hub that can drive some sort of cooling system for the engine, that kicks on at High temps. I guess because the mid-drive is hard to build a radiator-type cooler around.

Back