Luna Sale BBS02 and Panasonic Battery Combo

flymeaway

I'm not here to pump Luna but this is a great price $750 for the combination. If you upgrade to 13AH 52V battery the total is $825 for the combo. Ordered separately the price is $965. Saving $140 sounds pretty good.

Court J.

As a US-based outlet, their prices is hard to beat.
Em3ev have a similar combo for a little less, though shipping cost from overseas is another question.

More local competition to Luna will probably follow.

But... When (most) everything is manufactured in China, it's only logical to sell direct, eliminating local US and European retailers. This is already happening.

Last edited:
More local competition to Luna will probably follow.

But... When (most) everything is manufactured in China, it's only logical to sell direct, eliminating local US and European retailers. This is already happening.
That's only true if you purchase items that don't break. However, if you purchase sophisticated items that can potentially have factory defects or suddenly stops working prematurely, then it's hard to go after the seller from outside the country.

That's only true if you purchase items that don't break...potentially have factory defects or suddenly stops working prematurely, then it's hard to go after the seller from outside the country.

Or if the manufacturer suddenly decides to switch product line without warning its distributers making getting spare parts for older models difficult, like Bafang - it's only the responsible US retailers that built up a stock of spares just in case that keep us going. By comparison look at Bosch, when they replaced their Classic 300 battery with the 400wh pack they used a different charger plug, but they acted on feedback from European owners of the older Classic models by supplying a cable adapter and they've clearly learned from the experience as their new 500wh battery is a simple plug in replacement for the previous 400wh pack.

... if you purchase sophisticated items that can potentially have factory defects or suddenly stops working prematurely, then it's hard to go after the seller from outside the country.
This is a thinking consumer's point of view :)... How many of them are? A lot of people want it cheap, cheap, they don't think about what may happen. A promise of refund will often suffice.

Or... availability of a similar inexpensive item to replace the old one "if" it breaks. Cheap Bafang is an example. Especially their hubs, $200-250 a complete motor laced in the wheel.

With battery it's different, it is a disposable item, not "if" but "when". So it boils down to $ per mile. The better the choice - the lower the price for a comparable quality, in this case. An old mantra about generic vs proprietary here...

I just ordered the kit for our daughter who keeps complaining she can't keep up with us.

Won't have any trouble now...I received my combo last week. Since I have so many Bafang mid-drive / Luna battery bikes in operation the purchase was made to have a spare of each available. To date I have 4 operating bikes running Bafang mid-drives and two bikes using Luna batteries. I've only had one issue with a battery which was fixed by installing a new BMS. Great products at a very reasonable price.....

Court J.

The Luna Wrench and/or Tool kit are out of stock so it looks like I'll need to get 1) Shimano Bottom Bracket Removal Tool, 2) Crank Puller for 22mm x 1 threads and square, tapered bottom bracket spindles, and 3) Double sided bottom bracket lockring hook spanner

Did I miss anything?

I'm not here to pump Luna but this is a great price $750 for the combination. If you upgrade to 13AH 52V battery the total is $825 for the combo. Ordered separately the price is $965. Saving $140 sounds pretty good.

Court J.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to jump on that.

I took advantage of this sale for 2 bikes... was well worth it. Not a fan of the luna wrench, I prefer XLC's BB spanner and shimano wrench.

IMG_6876.JPG
My Luna build: cheap, ugly and fast

20170926_152600.jpg
This is my Sun EZ1 Super Cruiser after installing the Luna Cycle BBS02 kit. The EZ1 is known for being slow and good as a transitional bike for new bent riders, but this bike isn't slow anymore. I feel like I'm strapping into a jet fighter every time I ride it. Now I'm a double heretic switching to a recumbent and going electric. Love this bike and this kit!

Back