loving my Prodigy

teskow

Because I live in a warm desert I can and do ride just about every morning on my normal loop of just under five miles. I also do an eight mile loop a couple times a week. Tons of people are out walking early in the morning and they all wave and say good morning.
This bikes design and its geometry is so well balanced that it is easy to ride no hands. Never any wobble or unstable feeling. It feels so light and responsive making it a pleasure to ride. Where I live there isn't much level area so I really appreciate the Brose mid-drive with torque sensing. The Brose drive is virtually silent. The power delivery is so smooth and natural feeling. I appreciate this because another ebike I owned had a noisy motor and the power delivery was so on and off with much surging it was not relaxing to ride. It could not be ridden hands off either.
This is my third ebike and it is a keeper.
No, I don't work for Ride1Up. I just want the world to know how much I love my Ride1Up prodigy ST.

Because I live in a warm desert I can and do ride just about every morning on my normal loop of just under five miles. I also do an eight mile loop a couple times a week. Tons of people are out walking early in the morning and they all wave and say good morning.
This bikes design and its geometry is so well balanced that it is easy to ride no hands. Never any wobble or unstable feeling. It feels so light and responsive making it a pleasure to ride. Where I live there isn't much level area so I really appreciate the Brose mid-drive with torque sensing. The Brose drive is virtually silent. The power delivery is so smooth and natural feeling. I appreciate this because another ebike I owned had a noisy motor and the power delivery was so on and off with much surging it was not relaxing to ride. It could not be ridden hands off either.
No, I don't work for Ride1Up. I just want the world to know how much I love my Ride1Up prodigy ST.
I am picking up a Gravel Roadster in October and seriously considering saving up for a Prodigy also. After 2 years with my Core 5 which is a damn good bike for the money I want quieter motors.

this is fascinating. I enjoy my prodigy XC but it is the most unbalanced bike I have ever ridden. I cannot ride it even for a second with no hands. I even emailed ride1up about it but they have no helpful response.

If your bike is that unbalanced, consider checking several things.

Are your cables for brakes, throttle or motor pulling the bar because they are tight?

Make sure your front wheel is properly in the dropouts, and not tilted.

Finally, check your headset. Too tight? Too loose? Pick the front wheel up off the ground and turn it side to side. If there is any grabbing or resistance, its probably your problem.

FYI, I have a 700 and a Limited and can ride both no-hands without issue.

Back