Lost my keys( I think)

It might me worth a shot. These keys look pretty generic. One key may fit all XPs! Let me know if you would like me to send you an extra key. I could have one made at Home Depot...
I am not so sure, I bought an extra battery from Lectric, and the keys are definitely different. Then again, I doubt they have too many variations of keys that fit those locks.

It might me worth a shot. These keys look pretty generic. One key may fit all XPs! Let me know if you would like me to send you an extra key. I could have one made at Home Depot...
not the same brand but I about they are interchangeable.

T

Thank you LV I will tell them up front I have proof of purchaseor I can textit to them before they come over. I have the blank keys ordered from Lectric and should be arriving in a few days. How much do you think this will set me back? $200 dollars....? I feel so stoopid.

I don't know about the cost. I am sure it would depend on the length of time required to complete the job (time is money!). I would call at least two mobile locksmiths and get a rough estimate. Hopefully, they are competitive with one another. This would ensure that one company is not trying to screw you over.

When the locksmith arrives, I would have a third copy made and stash your new originals somewhere safe. Get a small bright florescent yellow, green, orange or pink key chain and attach it to your new key. This helps me from losing my key and makes it easier to describe to anyone helping you search for it.

IMPORTANT TIP: for anyone having a spare key made - leave the battery IN the frame when checking for proper key functioning. I made the mistake of taking just the battery with me to locksmith. When I replaced the battery in the frame, the copy did not function because of clearance issues due to frame thickness. It took two additional trips to the locksmith to get it right.

Good luck!

I don't know about the cost. I am sure it would depend on the length of time required to complete the job (time is money!). I would call at least two mobile locksmiths and get a rough estimate. Hopefully, they are competitive with one another. This would ensure that one company is not trying to screw you over.

When the locksmith arrives, I would have a third copy made and stash your new originals somewhere safe. Get a small bright florescent yellow, green, orange or pink key chain and attach it to your new key. This helps me from losing my key and makes it easier to describe to anyone helping you search for it.

IMPORTANT TIP: for anyone having a spare key made - leave the battery IN the frame when checking for proper key functioning. I made the mistake of taking just the battery with me to locksmith. When I replaced the battery in the frame, the copy did not function because of clearance issues due to frame thickness. It took two additional trips to the locksmith to get it right.

Good luck!

I got a better idea. When Lectric sends you your bike, it comes with 2 keys. Separate the keys immediately and take the spare and put it on a keyring and label it XP Lectric. Put it with your valuables, in your safe, in your top desk drawer, in your files where you keep your car titles etc. Your other key remains in the XP. Problem solved. Voila!!

sorry to see this.i did some searching and looks like quite a few last resort videos on YOUTUBE. everything from pickin the lock to bypassing . im gonna try the local Home Depot and see if a Honda motorcycle or similar key will work. wouldnt mind havin an extra.

sorry to see this.i did some searching and looks like quite a few last resort videos on YOUTUBE. everything from pickin the lock to bypassing . im gonna try the local Home Depot and see if a Honda motorcycle or similar key will work. wouldnt mind havin an extra.

You lost your keys too?

Hope it helps someone. I made extra copies using the silver key it works really well it even unlocks the battery for you to take it out which some keys won't do. Just make sure the locksmith cutting it files it down. And for the keys Lectric sends you it's not the same as the originals as I got some from them too since I lost one of my original keys that came with the bike. The silver key I bought and the black one Lectric sent me 2 for $20.

Attachments

• 16021093176553201623285850427462.jpg
    16021093176553201623285850427462.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 474
  • 16021096200735154707372501667770.jpg
    16021096200735154707372501667770.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 551
KEYS FOUND HIP HIP HOORAY! Like the previous poster said "You will probably find them after the replacement keys arrive." I am going to get an extra set made with the blank keys today. Don't even ask where i found them......I put them in a planter basket in the yard( I think my hands were full with laundry and stuff and I thought I would put em down for a minute, worried I would drop em and no pockets.
not the same brand but I about they are interchangeable.

.) THis was right before I left to go camping for 5 days to clear my mind. Well the camping definitely cleared my mind. I wanted to thank all the helpful people on this forum who responded back with helpful suggestions and offers. Also i can't say enough great things about Lectric company and their communications. I emailed them three times and they got back to me within 8 hours or less each time.

Back