Lost my keys( I think)

shezoom

I must be the most idiotic member on here but here it goes...I went away for the week camping and locked up by lectric xp( I know I should have taken it with me). I was concerned someone might steal it and put the keys away somewhere in my place. Stupidly I can't remember where I put them....I know. So i have spent the last few hours looking for them without any luck. How do i go about getting a replacement if my keys don't show up...aaarghhh...feeling really stupid right now.

I doubt Lectric has key codes to all the bikes, and extra batteries they sell, but I would still contact them just in case. If it turns out they don't have a solution for you, then call a locksmith. They can make a new key for you without having the original key.
Hopefully you can find the original keys.

I must be the most idiotic member on here but here it goes...I went away for the week camping and locked up by lectric xp( I know I should have taken it with me). I was concerned someone might steal it and put the keys away somewhere in my place. Stupidly I can't remember where I put them....I know. So i have spent the last few hours looking for them without any luck. How do i go about getting a replacement if my keys don't show up...aaarghhh...feeling really stupid right now.

Call or email Lectric. They will fix it

LOL From what Lectric already told me when I asked about if the keys were individually keyed to the battery, as in, there is no master key/my key wont work in another persons Lectric.

So I am pretty sure its to the Locksmith you go...How do you lose your bike keys, thats akin to losing house or car keys in my mind...and the fact they gave you a spare key...

Some sellers include 3 keys with the ebike for folks like you.

And me.....good thing because I left one key ring with 2 keys on it in my brother’s car——he’s in the USAF in Germany now awaiting the shipment of his car which hopefully still has them in it.

For what it's worth I keep one set of keys in the Topeak bag on the bike and the other set on a key hanger in my homes entrance.

Answering the question how do you lose your keys is usually only asked by people who never lose keys or any other stuff :D
Kudos to Lectric company. I emailed them late last night and they responded early this morning about my dilemma. If i can't find my keys I will have to go the locksmith route( using blank key to make impression). They will send me two non cut keys for $20 dollars and they said I can have a replacement made at a hardware store if I show the original keys with it. I will keep you updated but lesson learned. Separate your keys now and make a duplicate if possible.Thanks everyone.

Answering the question how do you lose your keys is usually only asked by people who never lose keys or any other stuff :D
Kudos to Lectric company. I emailed them late last night and they responded early this morning about my dilemma. If i can't find my keys I will have to go the locksmith route( using blank key to make impression). They will send me two non cut keys for $20 dollars and they said I can have a replacement made at a hardware store if I show the original keys with it. I will keep you updated but lesson learned. Separate your keys now and make a duplicate if possible.Thanks everyone.

You know the minute you get home from the hardware store you will find your originals :)

Worst case, get the battery cut out by a lock smith, buy a new one for $300. Also you can get 14.1ah to increase your range by 40%ish. Not a bad trade off.

Update...still haven't found keys....called 10 locksmiths in area and not one said they would do the job....Can someone PM me the key what it looks like again? I think Ive gone kookoobananas looking for the keys today.

Here is a pic of my XP key

Attachments

• Xp key.jpg
    Xp key.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,731
Update...still haven't found keys....called 10 locksmiths in area and not one said they would do the job....Can someone PM me the key what it looks like again? I think Ive gone kookoobananas looking for the keys today.
they may you could show them proof you bought it.

The key in Taylor's photo appears to be a very cheap one which means the lock is probably just as cheap. Watch a few videos on lock picking (it's easier than most people think) and I bet you'll have it unlocked in no time.

The key in Taylor's photo appears to be a very cheap one which means the lock is probably just as cheap. Watch a few videos on lock picking (it's easier than most people think) and I bet you'll have it unlocked in no time.

Are you trying to say she should carry a lock picking kit on her at all times so when she needs to start to bike just start lock picking at it? LOL wut.

I suppose she could but.... once it's unlocked she might be able to find a replacement cylinder which would come with keys.

Thanks everyone...I guess I'll keep looking for the key(s).....if i dont find em in a few days Im gonna have to figure out another of the options you mentioned.

FWIW. I had a duplicate key made for my Step Thru a few weeks ago. The locksmith said the key blank was for a Honda motorcycle. I don't know if the regular or Step Thru bikes have different locks/key types? The reluctance of locksmiths to service the lock might be their fear that the bike may have been stolen.

I would look for a mobile locksmith to come out to you. As mentioned earlier, I would inform the locksmith you have a copy of proof of purchase.

I cannot imagine that a competent locksmith could not easily reproduce a key for your battery.

T
FWIW. I had a duplicate key made for my Step Thru a few weeks ago. The locksmith said the key blank was for a Honda motorcycle. I don't know if the regular or Step Thru bikes have different locks/key types? The reluctance of locksmiths to service the lock might be their fear that the bike may have been stolen.

I would look for a mobile locksmith to come out to you. As mentioned earlier, I would inform the locksmith you have a copy of proof of purchase.

I cannot imagine that a competent locksmith could not easily reproduce a key for your battery.
Thank you LV I will tell them up front I have proof of purchaseor I can textit to them before they come over. I have the blank keys ordered from Lectric and should be arriving in a few days. How much do you think this will set me back? $200 dollars....? I feel so stoopid.

want to borrow some of my extra keys for my bike?? (G) both my e bikes all have the same key and all the locks have the same key and they give you three keys for each I have a lot of spare keys.

It might me worth a shot. These keys look pretty generic. One key may fit all XPs! Let me know if you would like me to send you an extra key. I could have one made at Home Depot...

Back