Looking for feedback to make final decision on a CUBE e bike.

wgayle

I have just retired and buying an e bike to replace a 30 year old bike. It has proved to be a more daunting experience than I anticipated so any feedback to make a final decision would be most appreciated. I am a female in early 60’s, 5’ 11 and a fair weather biker but hoping to get on the bike a lot more now. I want a comfort bike to enjoy fun rides with friends and hubby without choosing routes to avoid hills as I have been. We often bike on trails along the dykes with gravel.

I would like to stay in the $3000 - $3500 (Canadian $) range but would go up to $4000 plus if there was a valid reason. I know I want a peddle assist only, mid drive motor and battery in the down tube. So far Cube seems to be the front runner including the two below but Specialized also is up there albeit for more money. I am still open to any brand though if it meets my needs and budget. Living in Vancouver, BC most brands seem to be available.

CUBE Town Sport Pro Easy Entry 400 $2999.00
CUBE • ACID HYBRID ONE 400 $3099.00

Thanks in advance for any feed back or recommendations.

Best advice is to try as many models that are attractive to you in your price range as possible. This will entail going to different shops of course but will also give you some insight into how your service after sale support might be. Cube is a brand that although it is not as known here in NA is popular in the EU I have seen monitoring forums over there.

If there is a review on here about any of the bikes you are interested in that is also a good resource.

My son attended UBC and lives in New West and I have ridden around Van enough to appreciate having an eBike there. Good luck and ride safe!

Hi, I am your age, also retired. I have an ebike and ride daily. Iam up to 15-20 miles at a time now, but I’m not athletic.
If possible, I’d recommend renting a bike for a day or so. I have found that the toughest adjustment for me is getting on and off the bike, and starting and stopping at traffic lights. I’m getting better, but it was a struggle at first. Make really sure that you feel comfortable handling the bike.
The cube easy entry looks like that would be pretty friendly, the acid hybrid one looks more like my bike (Raleigh Lore) And might be more challenging. But they are both beautiful bikes.

I have just retired and buying an e bike to replace a 30 year old bike. It has proved to be a more daunting experience than I anticipated so any feedback to make a final decision would be most appreciated. I am a female in early 60’s, 5’ 11 and a fair weather biker but hoping to get on the bike a lot more now. I want a comfort bike to enjoy fun rides with friends and hubby without choosing routes to avoid hills as I have been. We often bike on trails along the dykes with gravel.

I would like to stay in the $3000 - $3500 (Canadian $) range but would go up to $4000 plus if there was a valid reason. I know I want a peddle assist only, mid drive motor and battery in the down tube. So far Cube seems to be the front runner including the two below but Specialized also is up there albeit for more money. I am still open to any brand though if it meets my needs and budget. Living in Vancouver, BC most brands seem to be available.

CUBE Town Sport Pro Easy Entry 400 $2999.00
CUBE • ACID HYBRID ONE 400 $3099.00

Thanks in advance for any feed back or recommendations.

Congrats on your search for an ebike!
So many to choose from and you have a great budget to work with. You are fortunate to be a taller rider. At 5’4 I sometimes have a problem finding small frame and smaller wheels.
I personally am very pleased with my Specialized Vado. Favorite part is the Brose motor, instant acceleration and super quiet.
Unfortunately I don’t have a Cube available in my area but they look like a great machine. This forum is a wonderful place to get info and feedback.
The bottom line is to test ride as many as possible and find one that fits your specific needs.
Looking forward to seeing what you find and many wonderful miles to you!

Since you are riding on gravel, I would go with the larger tires and the best suspension. You should be able to rent quality bikes in your area.

I ride a full suspension Specialized emtb. The reason I spent the money on the Specialized is because it fit me perfectly. This made it easy to ride.

Don't get to hung up on specs, get the bike you feel good on.

Back