Looking for a visor for your bike helmet?

Big Tom

In the pursuit of everything you would need to commute on an e-bike the wind and rain were a problem. As a motorcycle helmet has visors I thought "Why Not?"
Here is a safety face shield from Harbor Freight ($3.99) cut down and attached with velcro to my helmet. I'm sure I can find one for motorcycle helmets but for $4 it works really well. Wind was not a problem and I was surprised how much warmer it was, a great addition for winter riding.

Attachments

• Helmet with rain visor.jpg
    Helmet with rain visor.jpg
    650.9 KB · Views: 1,371
Wow! What a great idea! I wonder if I could get that to be compatible with my beloved helmet mirror. Hmmmmm.....
Did you use the velcro that has adhesive on one side?

Wow! What a great idea! I wonder if I could get that to be compatible with my beloved helmet mirror. Hmmmmm.....
Did you use the velcro that has adhesive on one side?
Yes, but I ended up having to hot glue them on.
I think your mirror will be OK, there is a lot of room and you don't have to pull it all the way down. Worst case maybe you notch the face shield so the mirror can stick out.
For $4 is it worth a gamble?
BTW the come with an elastic band, I had to cut the temple piece off on mine to make it fit my helmet. A smaller helmet it might fit and you could just use the strap.

I rode motorcycles for nearly forty years, and visors make a big difference for winter riding. Great tip!

Back