Looking for a foldable with hydraulic brakes with 30" or less minimum seat height.

Short_Stop

I've been researching for some time but a little reluctant to buy. Looking for a 20 mile a day commuting class 2 or 3 throttle folding bike, with hydraulic brakes, a stand over of 27" or less and a minimum seat height of 30" or under, under $2k. The bike will need to fold down for storage in my trunk each day since I live in a unit two flights up. If a custom build is my only option, having a shop build one might be easier then the stress of trying to pick a bike that isn't available for a test drive in my area and probably from a brand I'm less familiar with. Unless you all have some recommendations? Would really appreciate your feedback/suggestions. This is what I've observed so far:

Yamee is too tall.
Radmini stepthru is short enough (the mini4 is not) but has mechanical brakes.
Sondors fold xs fits but shot up to $2200-2600. This is out of my budget.
Eahora Azarias fits but has mechanical brakes. The x7 (hydraulic) and x5 (mechanical) are too tall.
Rattan seems to have some customer complaints about questionable customer service despite having a two year warranty. Not sure what to make of that.
Aventon Sinch has mechanical brakes.
Blix Vika Flex has mechanical brakes.

TYIA :)

Last edited:
My Happy EBike was customized for me with hydraulic brakes added and seat post/handlebars shortened. It arrived today. Fits perfectly! I love it!!

Attachments

• C12000BF-218F-4EE9-ACCB-E42D21100CF4.jpeg
    C12000BF-218F-4EE9-ACCB-E42D21100CF4.jpeg
    403.3 KB · Views: 198
Just fit hydraulic brakes yourself? They are not that expensive
Most of these bikes will have brake activated kill switches. Magura offer switch in some of their levers. With Shimano may need to find aftermarket inline switch.

Thank you for all your replies. I tried to find a bike that fit well enough, didn't seem discontinued, or had a lot of complaints, or on the way out, hoping service would be responsive. Ended up picking a bike that may be too high and came with mechanical brakes. I figure I'll save up and maybe upgrade to a bike that's smaller with better components in the future. It took me a few years to save for this purchase and I need to get rolling. An extra $250 for a bike shop to add hydraulic brakes is just not in the budget. Everything I (maybe not someone else, but for me) need to covert this as a daily commuter/errands means I have to buy a lower quality bike to make financial room for a few other add-ons. But it'll do for now. Thanks again for your input.

Have 2 friends who just bought MOD City + folding ebike.

Thank you for all your replies. I tried to find a bike that fit well enough, didn't seem discontinued, or had a lot of complaints, or on the way out, hoping service would be responsive. Ended up picking a bike that may be too high and came with mechanical brakes. I figure I'll save up and maybe upgrade to a bike that's smaller with better components in the future. It took me a few years to save for this purchase and I need to get rolling. An extra $250 for a bike shop to add hydraulic brakes is just not in the budget. Everything I (maybe not someone else, but for me) need to covert this as a daily commuter/errands means I have to buy a lower quality bike to make financial room for a few other add-ons. But it'll do for now. Thanks again for your input.
Two friends just bought this MOD City+ folding ebike.

Attachments

• MODCity_RegWhitePNG_1080x.png
    MODCity_RegWhitePNG_1080x.png
    684.6 KB · Views: 177
Back