Locking Sport?

Scott2.0

Hi all, I just pulled the trigger on a cobalt Sport. $999 was too good to pass up! I’m wondering if you can please share best practices for locking these bikes? I have a Kryptonite Mini and am thinking it may be too small given the thick bars. Also, if anyone has water bottle holder solutions, that would be great too! Thanks!

Reactions: BET
I got an aluminum kbrotech handle bar/ seat post adapter for water bottle from Amazon. I do not know how to post the link. About $13.00. I tried other water bottle holders and they did not work. This one fits on handle bar, seat post, elsewhere. Aluminum. Small, light, solid. Stays tight no rattle. It provides water holder holder bosses to attach a traditional water bottle cage, or something else. I got the one with two attachments, 1 on each side. Single available also. Water handy and does not interfere with other things on my handlebar, since water is on inside of bar ( and there are extras on my bar, ie horn, mirror). You can attach to seat post but I did not want my water there. Espin recommended it after I e mailed them a few times. They do not like to recommend accessories they said. Hope you enjoy your Sport.

I got an aluminum kbrotech handle bar/ seat post adapter for water bottle from Amazon. I do not know how to post the link. About $13.00. I tried other water bottle holders and they did not work. This one fits on handle bar, seat post, elsewhere. Aluminum. Small, light, solid. Stays tight no rattle. It provides water holder holder bosses to attach a traditional water bottle cage, or something else. I got the one with two attachments, 1 on each side. Single available also. Water handy and does not interfere with other things on my handlebar, since water is on inside of bar ( and there are extras on my bar, ie horn, mirror). You can attach to seat post but I did not want my water there. Espin recommended it after I e mailed them a few times. They do not like to recommend accessories they said. Hope you enjoy your Sport.
Thanks! I’ll look it up and buy one. Have you found a good lock solution?

Thanks! I’ll look it up and buy one. Have you found a good lock solution?
I have several locks but have not used them yet. I have a U lock, a folding lock and a bike alarm plus locks for my front wheel and seat post from nut fix. The nut on the front wheel will not allow front tire to come off unless bike is horizontal. If you have it locked upright correctly someone cannot remove the front wheel. Maybe Taylor, Civilletti or someone else can give you more info on a lock.

Back