Local store selling Stunner LT they said only had cadence sensor; are the new champagne models listed on the website different?

Afhill

Region
Canada
Test drove a Stunner Lt today, the dealer said it only had a cadence sensor.

Now I'm curious if I test-drove an older model, and its worth waiting for the cadence+torque listed on the biktrix website?

Do we know when they started offering torque sensors? ... And whether the baby blue bike I test drove today actually does have a torque sensor? 😁 I definitely felt it had a lot more oomph than the RadRover + Pedego Elements I've also tried...

If you haven't already, I would recommend test riding any torque sensor bike if you can. Even better would be a T & C equipped bike. My wife and I rented cadence bikes and she loved it. I ordered a Stunner LT 20x4 after doing some research. When it arrived it was a torque sensor bike. I checked the website and if I was on a mobile device it said cadence, but a laptop/computer browser said torque. She test rode it and didn't like it as much, but returning it wasn't really an option. She has since ridden it some more and is "ok" with it, and getting used to it. She just really liked the "spin the pedals and the cadence sensor will kick in" feel, and that she didn't have to put a lot of pressure on the pedals to go faster or uphill easier, just up the PAS level. With the torque she has to work a little harder, and it just feels different. Others much prefer torque over cadence. Maybe the combo of both will be awesome. They made the change around July/August.

If you haven't already, I would recommend test riding any torque sensor bike if you can. Even better would be a T & C equipped bike. My wife and I rented cadence bikes and she loved it. I ordered a Stunner LT 20x4 after doing some research. When it arrived it was a torque sensor bike. I checked the website and if I was on a mobile device it said cadence, but a laptop/computer browser said torque. She test rode it and didn't like it as much, but returning it wasn't really an option. She has since ridden it some more and is "ok" with it, and getting used to it. She just really liked the "spin the pedals and the cadence sensor will kick in" feel, and that she didn't have to put a lot of pressure on the pedals to go faster or uphill easier, just up the PAS level. With the torque she has to work a little harder, and it just feels different. Others much prefer torque over cadence. Maybe the combo of both will be awesome. They made the change around July/August.
Thanks! I'd seen your post earlier about the misleading website, so I was curious when they made that change.

Just a follow-up comment - customer service from Biktrix was able to confirm we'd test-driven torque sensor bikes by looking at what they'd provided to the store in question. Really appreciate the service!

Now to eagerly await moving into a house with a garage in a few months so we can actually purchase! 😁

I'm considering purchasing this bike. Just how adjustable is that stem? Would it be possible to lower the bars enough to get it into a minivan without taking off the front tire? And then just raise it again when you get to your destination? I really don't want a folding bike but I would love to be able to transport it inside the van instead of on a rack for security and protection from weather.

I'm considering purchasing this bike. Just how adjustable is that stem? Would it be possible to lower the bars enough to get it into a minivan without taking off the front tire? And then just raise it again when you get to your destination? I really don't want a folding bike but I would love to be able to transport it inside the van instead of on a rack for security and protection from weather.

Which wheel size are you considering, and what is your minivan floor to ceiling clearance? If the front wheel is a QR, it really is a 30 second process to drop it, however I would then recommend a mount on a piece of wood in your van to hold the bike upright.

The stem does have quite a good range, for a stem. But your best bet is to measure your van and have someone with the same wheel size measure their bike.

the LT 20 should fit in a Minivan without the need of taking the front wheel off. The stem is a Promax quick adjustable stem that offers a lot of adjustability.

Back