Lmt'd standard version vs step through

cmc128

Greetings from NC...

I'm new to ebikes and to this forum, so please give me some slack. I've spent the last two months learning about ebikes and everything associated with them, and decided to buy a Lmt'd. Mainly because my wife and I spend a lot of time in the mountains of NC and I believe I'll need the more powerful motor.

I'm 67 with somewhat bad knees and lower back. So I've assumed in making my choice that a step through frame would be better. Plus I think I would like the swept back handlebars better. Also, I'm hoping my wife will want one and the step through would be better for her. I can give her my bike and buy me another bike. Which brings me to my questions. For those that have the current Lmt'd, do you have any problems getting on/off the bike? How do you like the flatter, less swept handlebars? Do you find that you lean forward more and is that a problem?

Since they are supposed to be taking preorders in the very near future for the ST, I want to know what which one to order. Thanks for any help you can give.

I think you need to ask yourself if you can swing your leg over the seat and frame now and in two years. If the answer is probably not get a step through. If you have problems getting your feet on the ground at a stop get a step through and maybe a drop seat post. My friend Chris is 77 and purchased a Dost Drop and is very happy with it. He still has a fall now and then on a slow 90 degree corner like a bike bridge but he doesn't want to give up riding yet.

Greetings from NC...

I'm new to ebikes and to this forum, so please give me some slack. I've spent the last two months learning about ebikes and everything associated with them, and decided to buy a Lmt'd. Mainly because my wife and I spend a lot of time in the mountains of NC and I believe I'll need the more powerful motor.

Since they are supposed to be taking preorders in the very near future for the ST, I want to know what which one to order. Thanks for any help you can give.

Where are you in WNC? I'm in Asheville and expecting my LMT'D sometime in the next week or two. Maybe we can go for a ride once we settle in with these beasts.

I'm in Granite Quarry, which is right next to Salisbury. We go to the mountains quite a bit so it wouldn't be hard to plan something. We spend most of our time around Blowing Rock but we do go to Tupelo Honey when we can. When I get my bike, whichever one it is, I'll get back up with you.

I'm in Granite Quarry, which is right next to Salisbury. We go to the mountains quite a bit so it wouldn't be hard to plan something. We spend most of our time around Blowing Rock but we do go to Tupelo Honey when we can. When I get my bike, whichever one it is, I'll get back up with you.

Sounds good! Supposed to get mine on Monday or thereabouts.

There is now a step thru version of the LMT'D as of this morning. Will not ship till Oct. 10th.

They actually made that available earlier this week. But I decided to go with the standard config with café handlebars. Supposed to be arriving next Tuesday. Now the problem is assembly. There are no bike shops around me that will work on others ebikes (bikes they didn't sell). Found a fellow on Velotooler but he's not available until the following Monday. So do I wait a week to get to use it or do I assemble it myself and not get warranty?

Back