Light

Marceltt

Hi guys , sorry in advance. I lost the post about looking for a bike light. I'm looking for one that has a clamping system on bars which disconnects from clamp. Someone mentioned a light they hook right up to there USB port on the display ? Anyway any suggestions. Looking for night riding and night trail. Thanks. Sorry for asking again

I run this one.
Its like $15
Ridiculous 10,000 lumens (doubt it but that is what is on the box)

Much brighter than those bike lights that cost $100 plus from the bike stores.

In no way do I think these lights are better than those ones they sell at the bike stores, but it is brighter, and a lot cheaper. Add to the fact that you need 2 lights to commute (1 for backup). Just in a way that a boat needs 2 motors 1 for backup, you need 2 lights if you are going to commute in the dark. So if you spend $120 for each light that is about $250 for lights.

Attachments

• st.JPG
    st.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 306
I run this one.
Its like $15
Ridiculous 10,000 lumens (doubt it but that is what is on the box)

Much brighter than those bike lights that cost $100 plus from the bike stores.

In no way do I think these lights are better than those ones they sell at the bike stores, but it is brighter, and a lot cheaper. Add to the fact that you need 2 lights to commute (1 for backup). Just in a way that a boat needs 2 motors 1 for backup, you need 2 lights if you are going to commute in the dark. So if you spend $120 for each light that is about $250 for lights.
How long have you had this light. Thanks

How long have you had this light. Thanks

Well, that is why I am not sure I can recommend it just yet.
Got it for christmas, so I have been running it just over a month now.
I would say that I have about 20 hours of use into it right now.
So far no problems.
Its a 2 piece system (light & battery) with a connector in between (that is where you attach the charger to the battery)
I added a switch and attached it to my handlebars, so I don't have to keep plugging it in and unplugging it.
I can use it for a week before I have to charge it. However I use it on level 1 most of the time. There are 3 modes, low, medium, and high. I use the light on low because it is very bright. The only time I use high is if I am going downhill fast, on an unfamiliar road or trail.

I don't have enough time with the light to give you a reliable review yet, and I cannot compare it to the expensive bike shop lights (never bought one) but I can tell you that compared to the cheaper bike shop lights, and the walmart lights, there is no comparison. The cheaper bike lights I think are meant for you to be seen, but in no way does it work for lighting the path you are racing down.

Back